Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

I like BEP but come on Mars, you have to admit that was awful. They sound horrible unless electronically edited.

At least an old timer playing a guitar is actually making music.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089149
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089147
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089146
    It was better than the past years with rockers way past their prime.
    Talentless hacks who really didn't do much to entertain is much worse than great musicians past their prime.

People complained about The Who just standing there and playing... what exactly did the Black Eyed Peas do differently? Besides the whole not playing anything part.
    Usher is far from a talentless hack. The man is an unbelievable singer and dancer. If that did not entertain you more than an old man playing a guitar than I don't know what to tell you.
    It was pretty loud in my house, but I had a hard time distinguishing him from the rest of his background dancers.

But you're right, I'll give Usher some credit, he can sing and dance, especially dance.

As far as the Black Eyed Peas go, they have one good song, "Where's the Love?" and they butchered that on Sunday Night.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The funny part is that I don't even like the Black Eyed Peas and it was still more entertaining than some old washed up rockers. I would like to have seen more of Usher.

I like the idea of multiple artists. I still think the best show in my time was the Janet, Justin, Nelly, and Kid Rock. The best one ever was probable Michael Jackson due to the ratings it brought.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089196
    The funny part is that I don't even like the Black Eyed Peas and it was still more entertaining than some old washed up rockers. I would like to have seen more of Usher.

I like the idea of multiple artists. I still think the best show in my time was the Janet, Justin, Nelly, and Kid Rock. The best one ever was probable Michael Jackson due to the ratings it brought.
    Whereas I would rather see more "washed up Rockers"...

...I'll bet our IPods have completely different material on them.

I think there are bands out there who could pull it off....Bon Jovi could probably do it. The revamped Journey. Bands that have a history of popularity and are still active today.

I thought the Rolling Stones were horrible.
    I thought the Who were...the Who.
    I thought No Doubt did a good job.
    I thought that the Black Eyed Peas were horrible.
    I liked Prince's performance.
    I thought Aerosmith was great, but didn't like Timberlake's or Spear's revisions.
    I thought Tom Petty and Paul McCartney were forgettable (because I'd forgotten they performed).

I think electronic music - such as BEP produces - falls flat without a perfect set up. There is too much reliance upon electronics and too little "musicianship" to allow a sound system not completely dedicated to THEM to make them sound good.

You almost NEED a real BAND - one that can actually PLAY an instrument - to make up for the PA issues.

The exception being the Rolling Stones who forgot how to play a LONG time ago...

Caine

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Like Slutney Spears, BEP uses atotune because without it they sound even worse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12