Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Culpepper_4717's Avatar
    Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    596

    America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show


    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId= 106466

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    after janet jackson

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1YKz6EApN8

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_p5MiCplHM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bHy67jMyBc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSb6hmhUBc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVB36skrEc&feature=fvst

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNeoKv8qzk

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz38asyJkcU

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLbERWVR30

    before janet jackson

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmoyIUjIEDo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzqgV4LU8Ps

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oJKyHHxKk

  3. #3
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    It was better than the past years with rockers way past their prime.

  4. #4
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089146
    It was better than the past years with rockers way past their prime.
    Talentless hacks who really didn't do much to entertain is much worse than great musicians past their prime.

    People complained about The Who just standing there and playing... what exactly did the Black Eyed Peas do differently? Besides the whole not playing anything part.

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089147
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089146
    It was better than the past years with rockers way past their prime.
    Talentless hacks who really didn't do much to entertain is much worse than great musicians past their prime.

    People complained about The Who just standing there and playing... what exactly did the Black Eyed Peas do differently? Besides the whole not playing anything part.
    Usher is far from a talentless hack. The man is an unbelievable singer and dancer. If that did not entertain you more than an old man playing a guitar than I don't know what to tell you.

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089149
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1089147
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1089146
    It was better than the past years with rockers way past their prime.
    Talentless hacks who really didn't do much to entertain is much worse than great musicians past their prime.

    People complained about The Who just standing there and playing... what exactly did the Black Eyed Peas do differently? Besides the whole not playing anything part.
    Usher is far from a talentless hack. The man is an unbelievable singer and dancer. If that did not entertain you more than an old man playing a guitar than I don't know what to tell you.
    It did not entertain me more than an old man playing a guitar.

    Black eyed Peas was worse. Probably the worst halftime show I've seen.

  7. #7
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    I think that Prince was one of the best performances ever at half time. ZZ Top also was good. The Black Eye Peas were awful.

    WWBGD

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    That was a pathetic show.

    No talent hacks masked in technology. I love music and that was really bad. If you actually have talent you don't need a facade to mask your ineptitude.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    I didn't really like it, but I would've given it a C. It was somewhat better than I expected. I heared them on Top of the Pop once and they were absolutely awful. At least their voices weren't off-pitch the entire time.

    The part with Slash was pretty cool, as well.

    I think that they should take the best of two worlds and get Muse up there next year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: America Reacts To The Super Bowl Halftime Show

    I think it ranked right up there with Rosanne Barr's rendition of the National Anthem.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
  2. NFL punts: Churches can show Super Bowl telecast
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
  4. Rolling Stones Halftime Show
    By Caine in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 04:37 AM
  5. Recent history show path to Super Bowl
    By runtheball in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 06:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •