Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Am I The Only Madden Fan Here Excited About The New Roster!?

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    does anyone have any links on what the new 07 is going to be like?
    I'm not sure man, it will probably be sometime after the draft when the commercails and sites start reporting new features.

One thing i wish they would do is give us more options on contracts, front loading and back loading. There's really only one way to do contracts, there way. There always back loaded.

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

Hopefully there will be a lot of changes.

Thanks PurpleMafia

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    Hopefully there will be a lot of changes.

I am really excited for the new rosters!!!

I hope they make a lot of changes to the 360 version

I was so pumped to play madden when I first got it and then I played it and IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Josdin for the sig

aceclown is offline Coach

Re: Am I The Only Madden Fan Here Excited About The New Rost

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I can't wait for 07, Now we will have a passing and running game!

My username on here came from an old madden nickname.

I think regardless of the new acquisitions, the default 06 Vikings roster was better. I remember counting, and the Vikings had the most players rated above an 80 than other team in the NFL.

The 07 roster will be good (Especially the left side of our line), but in MADDEN RATINGS we are weaker at corner, safety, and QB. Where as in 07 the only position we will be stronger than 06 is OL (and maybe linebacker or RB but i think Taylor is rated about the same as Memo on Madden).
    I think that passing wil be better because we'll have more than 3 seconds to pass like the 06 roster. The line was so bad it just throws off the whole offense
    The default OL on Madden 06 will be roughly the same in terms of total overall as in 07. In the 06 default roster/ratings- You had McKinnie, Goldberg, Birk, Liwenski, Rosenthal. Their ratings were 92,79,96,87,86. (Keep in mind this is when Liwenski and Rosenthal were viewed as good & before their overalls dropped about 8 points each after updates). The total overall of all 5 lineman equal 440. In the 06 default ratings, 440 gives each lineman an average of an 88.

Now, as I construct the 07 line, I will do my best using updated ratings and predicting who will be on our line as of now. Last year Liwenski got de-activated, so I am not projecting him as the starter. Also, Rosenthal got benched for Marcus Johnson, so I am projecting Johnson as the starter.
    The 07 line IMO as of now- McKinnie, Hutchinson, Birk, Herrera, M Johnson.
    The overalls should be in this vicinity from left to right- 92,97,96,81,84. I believe most would agree these will be close to the actual ratings, and their total for the OL equals 450. Giving an average of 90.

My projected difference in 07 is 10 points better total at the OL than 06.

Also, when you talk about passing game that is centered around the QB. On the default 06 roster, Pepp was a 98 overall. After the final roster update, I believe Brad was about an 85 overall (which took into account his 7-2 record). I believe that at best Johnson will be an 86 overall (on the generous side) on madden 07, which is a drop off of 12 points at the QB position.

Which means that the difference between OL and QB is nearly equal, but 06 wins by +2 (veerrrry small difference considering 6 players) among the OL and QB.

Keep in mind these are all MADDEN ratings, and dont exactly reflect how well the team will perform or each players exact skill level. I think we need to take these ratings for what they are- a subjective VIDEO GAME ratings system.

Chuch.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

i love madden and i will be going out at 12:01 to get it but i admit every year they add some little thing besides changing the rosters so it is different but i wish there was something more real on there like in superstar mode it is all the same thing everytime. i now hate terell davis with all my heart because he will not leave me alone!!!!!!!

If you can't rush for 130 yds/game with our 05 roster, then IO wouldn't tell everyone your a Madden gamer. One could rush for a hundred/game with the weakest rusher on the game.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Cant wait to see the new playbook. I love Madden. Sux no Pep to scramble with when the play breaks down... They better give props to the defense with lots of INTs

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Am I The Only Madden Fan Here Excited About The New Rost

Am I the only one that doesn't like Madden? I was thoroughly pissed when EA bought out the license for NFL games :angryfire:

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

With Madden 06, using Pep as QB I was able to scramble alot & make plays with my feet. Now with Brad, I have to stand like a statue and make better reads. I've made the current trades and ChesterT is ok, but having Hutch on the left is crazy w/ a healthy Birk!!

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

I think it will be hard to pass with Percision passing... cause Brad wont be rated that high... and he is slow as AIDS... Daunte's percision light almost covered the whole dang field... although Brad will prolly only be on the roster for one year if you do a franchise they will prolly retire the old fart.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast