Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

All-Pro Football 2K8 - new Madden competitor featuring all-time greats

http://www.cnbc.com/id/19068935

Madden Competitor
    OK, I lied. Nothing really competes with Electronic Arts’ Madden football franchise. Definitely now by virtue of the fact that Electronic Arts has the exclusive right to make an NFL game. But it has been interesting to watch how competing game companies have tried to get around it. With behind-the-scenes game play getting more popular, I was really impressed by Midway Games’ Blitz franchise last year and they were smart to position it as the renegade game the league doesn’t want you to see. This year’s entry comes from Take Two’s 2K Sports. If their Web site is accurate, and I’m assuming it is, they’ve signed the biggest former players to the game called All-Pro Football 2K8. Jerry Rice, John Elway and Barry Sanders will be on the cover and the game will feature virtual images of Johnny Unitas, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and more than 230 others.

Before I move on, let me just say that I’m absolutely shocked that John Elway of all people agreed to be in this game. The guy has enough money and I’m not sure it makes sense to go up against the NFL like this. Then again, cash is cash. Some of the more interesting names on the list of players you can apparently play with include O.J. Simpson, Mike Golic, Brian Bosworth and Korey Stringer. The game will also feature a unique soundtrack with the work of people I guess I should know including Z-Trip, Slug From Atmosphere, Aceyalone and Casual. The game will be out later this year on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 and will cost $59.95, which is actually the same price EA is charging for Madden on both those consoles.
    Wouldn't it be fun to take control of OJ, plow over the Boz and then murder your wife in the end zone?

I wonder if Rae Carruth is in the game?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Re: All-Pro Football 2K8 - new Madden competitor featuring all-time greats

"Zeus" wrote:

Madden Competitor
    OK, I lied. Nothing really competes with Electronic Arts’ Madden football franchise. Definitely now by virtue of the fact that Electronic Arts has the exclusive right to make an NFL game. But it has been interesting to watch how competing game companies have tried to get around it. With behind-the-scenes game play getting more popular, I was really impressed by Midway Games’ Blitz franchise last year and they were smart to position it as the renegade game the league doesn’t want you to see. This year’s entry comes from Take Two’s 2K Sports. If their Web site is accurate, and I’m assuming it is, they’ve signed the biggest former players to the game called All-Pro Football 2K8. Jerry Rice, John Elway and Barry Sanders will be on the cover and the game will feature virtual images of Johnny Unitas, Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and more than 230 others.

Before I move on, let me just say that I’m absolutely shocked that John Elway of all people agreed to be in this game. The guy has enough money and I’m not sure it makes sense to go up against the NFL like this. Then again, cash is cash. Some of the more interesting names on the list of players you can apparently play with include O.J. Simpson, Mike Golic, Brian Bosworth and Korey Stringer. The game will also feature a unique soundtrack with the work of people I guess I should know including Z-Trip, Slug From Atmosphere, Aceyalone and Casual. The game will be out later this year on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 and will cost $59.95, which is actually the same price EA is charging for Madden on both those consoles.
    Wouldn't it be fun to take control of OJ, plow over the Boz and then murder your wife in the end zone?

=Z=
    Here's the link to the game website:
    http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

=Z=

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

Madden Competitor

=Z=
    Here's the link to the game website:
    http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

=Z=
    Other Vikings in the game include:
    Chuck Foreman !!!!!!
    Vikings RB coach Eric Bieniemy
    Joey Browner
    Anthony Carter
    Roger Craig
    Chris Doleman
    Tommy Kramer
    Jim Marshall
    Randall McDaniel
    Keith Millard
    Scott Studwell
    Korey Stringer (as mentioned in the article)
    Mick Tinglehoff
    Ron Yary

No Tark, CC or Robert Smith.
    No Page, Eller, Sutherland or Matt Blair.

However, I'm still pretty damn happy with that list.
    I may have to buy this.

=Z=

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

what the fuck? our top 3 offense players of all time and none of them in on this! what bogus.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"mr.woo" wrote:
    what the fuck? our top 3 offense players of all time and none of them in on this! what bogus.
    I would argue that Chuck Foreman is one of the top-3 offensive players in Vikings history.

My assumption is that they were probably approached and said no, so as to not make the NFL angry.

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:

Madden Competitor

=Z=
    That would be cool, O.J. and Ray Lewis could be in the bathroom chipping golf balls together.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

I think it sucks that Madden has the exclusive rights to the NFL. However good any rival plays it will always struggle without the licence, which is a shame as competition is always a good thing to keep standards high. I had the 2k game with Randy Moss on the cover for the Dreamcast and it was a pretty good title as far as I can remember, come to think off it I can recall when Madden didn't have the NFL license, jeez I feel realy old now!