Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Re: The all-important video/computer game debate!

Civ III kicks butt! Can't wait til Nov. and Civ IV!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

I thought the second one might have stood for dweeb, or maybe dorkier.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    What's sad is it is clearly obvious you have partaken in rolling a 20 sided dice, at one point in your life lmao!
    Anyone can fake being a D&D dork. All you need to do is use key phrases like "experience points," throw in crap about orcs, wizards, & ridiculously-named medieval weaponry.

BTW, I didn't even know they used 20-sided dice in D&D. Maybe you know a bit more about it than I do, Del, being a big WoW fan and everything. :wink:

Perhaps the "D" in Del Rio stands for dork, as well. :lol:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Del Rio Guest

I would never attempt to argue that I am not a dork. :grin:

D&D is just the tip of the iceberg of my dorkiness, and yet I am married and have kids, it musta been the tripod god blessed me with.

You want to talk dork lets talk DAOC- Dark age of Camelot

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    NO WAY! A Civ IV is coming out? My favorite game...but I can only play one month a year because it consumes me and I can't sleep until I have dominated every nation.

Make them my beeeyatches!

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"webmaster" wrote:
    NO WAY! A Civ IV is coming out? My favorite game...but I can only play one month a year because it consumes me and I can't sleep until I have dominated every nation.

I hear yeah webmaster, the game can be like crack. When I'm not so into Madden and NCAA football, I play the crap out of it. Yes there is a CIV IV, in 3D no less.

Look:

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=6

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    (Note: I'm a PC-gaming man myself, but console gamers can feel free to join in this "discussion.")

I have decided to make a bold statement on a very "important" issue: the best computer game of the year. My pick is Battlefield 2. Without question. The graphics, engine, gameplay, brilliantly-designed maps, & engaging multiplayer make for the best gaming experience ever produced. World of Warcraft fans can kiss my @$$. You people act as though MMPORG games are such a new concept. Well, they're not. They've been around for a couple years now (albeit not for 18 hours a day by thousands of nerds worldwide, and NEVER by me). I don't like them because they are ALWAYS sorcerer games (defined as games involving goblins, orcs, elves, wizards, and the like). Why they don't make a Battlefield MMPORG game is beyond me. Until they do, MMPORG games will be played primarily by large groups of nerds, who, desperate for human contact but unable to find anyone able to talk to them for more than 4 seconds, spend hours at a time fighting orcs and trolls with other nerds who care about that kind of crap. Sheesh. I may like gaming, but at least I have a life.

"Oooooh, look at me! I play World of Warcraft! I like World of Warcraft almost as much as I like D&D marathons with my nerdy friends! I am a POWERFUL SORCERER!!! One who still lives with his mom, and would get the crap beaten out of him if he got into an actual fight with anyone else on the planet!"

-------------------------------DISCLAIMER-------------------------------
    That being said, this is a FRIENDLY debate. These arguments aren't serious. I don't actually despise people who play Warcraft or World of Warcraft. I disagree with your gaming choices, but I respect your right to play them, just as you must respect my right to make fun of you.

:bootyshake:

I very strongly disagree with your opinion of World of Warcraft.

I started playing it this summer, I might stop though, once the free month is up. I am not at all a nerd, by no means would you classify me as a nerd, unless nerds play football and a sport each season, I know of several other guys around my town who I play sports with, one of which is a long distance runner on the track team I'm on (I throw shot put). Nor would I get my ass kicked in a fight.

You probably are right about most people on there, but not the ones I know personally.

And IMO game of the year is Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    (Note I'm a PC-gaming man myself, but console gamers can feel free to join in this "discussion.")

I have decided to make a bold statement on a very "important" issue the best computer game of the year. My pick is Battlefield 2. Without question. The graphics, engine, gameplay, brilliantly-designed maps, & engaging multiplayer make for the best gaming experience ever produced. World of Warcraft fans can kiss my @$$. You people act as though MMPORG games are such a new concept. Well, they're not. They've been around for a couple years now (albeit not for 18 hours a day by thousands of nerds worldwide, and NEVER by me). I don't like them because they are ALWAYS sorcerer games (defined as games involving goblins, orcs, elves, wizards, and the like). Why they don't make a Battlefield MMPORG game is beyond me. Until they do, MMPORG games will be played primarily by large groups of nerds, who, desperate for human contact but unable to find anyone able to talk to them for more than 4 seconds, spend hours at a time fighting orcs and trolls with other nerds who care about that kind of crap. Sheesh. I may like gaming, but at least I have a life.

"Oooooh, look at me! I play World of Warcraft! I like World of Warcraft almost as much as I like D&D marathons with my nerdy friends! I am a POWERFUL SORCERER!!! One who still lives with his mom, and would get the crap beaten out of him if he got into an actual fight with anyone else on the planet!"

-------------------------------DISCLAIMER-------------------------------
    That being said, this is a FRIENDLY debate. These arguments aren't serious. I don't actually despise people who play Warcraft or World of Warcraft. I disagree with your gaming choices, but I respect your right to play them, just as you must respect my right to make fun of you.

bootyshake

I very strongly disagree with your opinion of World of Warcraft.

I started playing it this summer, I might stop though, once the free month is up. I am not at all a nerd, by no means would you classify me as a nerd, unless nerds play football and a sport each season, I know of several other guys around my town who I play sports with, one of which is a long distance runner on the track team I'm on (I throw shot put). Nor would I get my ass kicked in a fight.

You probably are right about most people on there, but not the ones I know personally.

And IMO game of the year is Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater.
    Agree totally Mr. Anderson.

Warcraft guy myself ... will only play PC games. Like the versitillity of maps and different #'s of people to play.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"webmaster" wrote:

I hear yeah webmaster, the game can be like crack. When I'm not so into Madden and NCAA football, I play the crap out of it. Yes there is a CIV IV, in 3D no less.

Look:

http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=6
    A Civ IV? Holy crap! Civ III is one of the best games ever. I rank it right up there with the Battlefield series.

However, I don't think it's like crack. It's way, way more addictive than crack.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Civ III rocks. It is addictive, but easily placed on hold. I play it about once a week, but when I do play, the hours cruise by. I hope this Civ IV is designed by Sid Meier. Without him, I don't think Civ IV could top Civ III (Civ II was really lame without Sid).

BBQ platypus, or may I call you Shaft?, your dork fetish was at first amusing and now it's concerning. I mean what's with these flying accusations of dorkitude and nerdification? You sound like a modern day technology McCarthy!

I tell you what, I'll make an equally bold and indefensible statment: people who play role-play games like D&D are more intelligent, more socially prestigious, and have better interpersonal relationships than people who play BF2. Moreover, they don't have to suffer the humiliation of not knowing what a "d20" is. Sheesh :razz:

Seriously though, D&D is really not comparable to dungeon siege, which if I recall correctly, was a variation on the DOOM theme.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast