Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

The all-important video/computer game debate!

(Note: I'm a PC-gaming man myself, but console gamers can feel free to join in this "discussion.")

I have decided to make a bold statement on a very "important" issue: the best computer game of the year. My pick is Battlefield 2. Without question. The graphics, engine, gameplay, brilliantly-designed maps, & engaging multiplayer make for the best gaming experience ever produced. World of Warcraft fans can kiss my @$$. You people act as though MMPORG games are such a new concept. Well, they're not. They've been around for a couple years now (albeit not for 18 hours a day by thousands of nerds worldwide, and NEVER by me). I don't like them because they are ALWAYS sorcerer games (defined as games involving goblins, orcs, elves, wizards, and the like). Why they don't make a Battlefield MMPORG game is beyond me. Until they do, MMPORG games will be played primarily by large groups of nerds, who, desperate for human contact but unable to find anyone able to talk to them for more than 4 seconds, spend hours at a time fighting orcs and trolls with other nerds who care about that kind of crap. Sheesh. I may like gaming, but at least I have a life.

"Oooooh, look at me! I play World of Warcraft! I like World of Warcraft almost as much as I like D&D marathons with my nerdy friends! I am a POWERFUL SORCERER!!! One who still lives with his mom, and would get the crap beaten out of him if he got into an actual fight with anyone else on the planet!"

-------------------------------DISCLAIMER-------------------------------
    That being said, this is a FRIENDLY debate. These arguments aren't serious. I don't actually despise people who play Warcraft or World of Warcraft. I disagree with your gaming choices, but I respect your right to play them, just as you must respect my right to make fun of you.

:bootyshake:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: The all-important video/computer game debate!

I would have to say that PS2 is better than a PC and that the best game of the year would have to be Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Have a nice day!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

BF2 is an awsome game. The multiplayer is great when you get with a good squad. If you want an MMORPG war game try WWIIOnline. I played that for a few months, and found it was really fun, just the graphics are not really that good. Looks alot like operation flashpoint as far as graphics go.

If you're up for a good scare, play FEAR. There is a demo out that showcases some of the game. This game is going to put Doom3 to shame as far as fright and fight games go.

Del Rio Guest

World Of Warcraft tore it up.

You'd be a fool to think something better will not come along, but for now that game own's the PC.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    (Note: I'm a PC-gaming man myself, but console gamers can feel free to join in this "discussion.")

I have decided to make a bold statement on a very "important" issue: the best computer game of the year. My pick is Battlefield 2. Without question. The graphics, engine, gameplay, brilliantly-designed maps, & engaging multiplayer make for the best gaming experience ever produced. World of Warcraft fans can kiss my @$$. You people act as though MMPORG games are such a new concept. Well, they're not. They've been around for a couple years now (albeit not for 18 hours a day by thousands of nerds worldwide, and NEVER by me). I don't like them because they are ALWAYS sorcerer games (defined as games involving goblins, orcs, elves, wizards, and the like). Why they don't make a Battlefield MMPORG game is beyond me. Until they do, MMPORG games will be played primarily by large groups of nerds, who, desperate for human contact but unable to find anyone able to talk to them for more than 4 seconds, spend hours at a time fighting orcs and trolls with other nerds who care about that kind of crap. Sheesh. I may like gaming, but at least I have a life.

"Oooooh, look at me! I play World of Warcraft! I like World of Warcraft almost as much as I like D&D marathons with my nerdy friends! I am a POWERFUL SORCERER!!! One who still lives with his mom, and would get the crap beaten out of him if he got into an actual fight with anyone else on the planet!"

-------------------------------DISCLAIMER-------------------------------
    That being said, this is a FRIENDLY debate. These arguments aren't serious. I don't actually despise people who play Warcraft or World of Warcraft. I disagree with your gaming choices, but I respect your right to play them, just as you must respect my right to make fun of you.

:bootyshake:
    ROTFLMMFAO!!! :sign5: :laughing3:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

dundundudundundudn.. dun.

Del Rio Guest

If you think your game beats wow this one is for you:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=1289

If you like Wow enough to LARP this one is for you:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=241

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If you think your game beats wow this one is for you

http//www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=1289

If you like Wow enough to LARP this one is for you

http//www.spikedhumor.com/Article.aspx?id=241
    LOL..."I'm wearing Boots of Escaping!"

That episode of Family Guy is funny, too. I think the actual name of the episode is "Petarded."

However, you don't have to be a retard to think that BF2 is the finest achievement in the history of game development up to this point. Battlefield 1942 completely changed online gaming, and BF2 is probably going to have a huge impact on it as well. Whereas WoW's appeal comes from an idea that had already been invented, the people at DICE who made the Battlefield series invented all of the major concepts behind both games: using vehicles, a ticket system (which was invented by the same developers in a less-successful alternate reality WWI/WWII game), & many other ideas unique to the BF series. If any fantasy game (the Elder Scrolls series comes to mind) were to simply adapt its software to create a MMPORG environment, it would be almost exactly the same as WoW except for the plot details. The Battlefield series, however, is like no other game ever made.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Um...what song is that? I can't hear what you're "dunning." Thus, I don't think that an online version of "Name That Tune" would work very well.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

That episode of Family Guy is funny, too. I think the actual name of the episode is "Petarded."

However, you don't have to be a retard to think that BF2 is the finest achievement in the history of game development up to this point. Battlefield 1942 completely changed online gaming, and BF2 is probably going to have a huge impact on it as well. Whereas WoW's appeal comes from an idea that had already been invented, the people at DICE who made the Battlefield series invented all of the major concepts behind both games: using vehicles, a ticket system (which was invented by the same developers in a less-successful alternate reality WWI/WWII game), & many other ideas unique to the BF series. If any fantasy game (the Elder Scrolls series comes to mind) were to simply adapt its software to create a MMPORG environment, it would be almost exactly the same as WoW except for the plot details. The Battlefield series, however, is like no other game ever made.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Um...what song is that? I can't hear what you're "dunning." Thus, I don't think that an online version of "Name That Tune" would work very well.

I personally think BF2 is an updated wwiionline myself.

BF2 Graphics are awsome, WWIIOL are average.

BF2 64 player battles, WWIIOL was averaging over 5,000 at one time.

BF2 has vehicles, planes, boats and choppers. WWIIOL has had them forever, not to mention a larger selection of planes, bombers, tanks, trucks, and boats.

the ticket system is directly from WWIIOL.

BF2 Maps are large. WWIIOL maps are 1/2 scale size of europe.

I still think BF2 is a great game, and only can wish that wwiiol would update to modern era warfare. But the BF series was not the 1st ever in many of these concepts, they just made them well known because they made a fun game that lots of people bought. BF2 = more arcade feel. WWIIOL = more realistic. As for wow, I dont play those type of games often. Maybe if it was world of starcraft I would change my mind.

"smootpepper" wrote:
    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

However, you don't have to be a retard to think that BF2 is the finest achievement in the history of game development up to this point. Battlefield 1942 completely changed online gaming, and BF2 is probably going to have a huge impact on it as well. Whereas WoW's appeal comes from an idea that had already been invented, the people at DICE who made the Battlefield series invented all of the major concepts behind both games using vehicles, a ticket system (which was invented by the same developers in a less-successful alternate reality WWI/WWII game), & many other ideas unique to the BF series. If any fantasy game (the Elder Scrolls series comes to mind) were to simply adapt its software to create a MMPORG environment, it would be almost exactly the same as WoW except for the plot details. The Battlefield series, however, is like no other game ever made.

"DemonicViking" wrote:

I personally think BF2 is an updated wwiionline myself.

BF2 Graphics are awsome, WWIIOL are average.

BF2 64 player battles, WWIIOL was averaging over 5,000 at one time.

BF2 has vehicles, planes, boats and choppers. WWIIOL has had them forever, not to mention a larger selection of planes, bombers, tanks, trucks, and boats.

the ticket system is directly from WWIIOL.

BF2 Maps are large. WWIIOL maps are 1/2 scale size of europe.

I still think BF2 is a great game, and only can wish that wwiiol would update to modern era warfare. But the BF series was not the 1st ever in many of these concepts, they just made them well known because they made a fun game that lots of people bought. BF2 = more arcade feel. WWIIOL = more realistic. As for wow, I dont play those type of games often. Maybe if it was world of starcraft I would change my mind.
    good thought...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast