Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Aliens in the Sewers?

    [youtube=425,350]TcKpx2DxGwY[/youtube]


    An unknown lifeform picked up by sewer snakecam in North Carolina. Believed to be of ET origin. Courtesy of www.UFORADAR.com and Flying Saucers Cafe, Santa Monica CA
    An unknown lifeform picked up by sewer snakecam in North Carolina. Believed to be of ET origin.

    Courtesy of www.UFORADAR.com and Flying Saucers Cafe, Santa Monica CA
    Category:
    Science & Technology

  2. #2
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    [size=13pt]Mysterious 'sewer creature' sparks curiosity[/size]



    Raleigh, N.C. — It's reminiscent of something from the 1958 science-fiction film, "The Blob" – a beating, pulsating, mysterious, slimy mass that has grabbed widespread attention across the Internet.

    And it's growing and living in the sewer below Cameron Village in Raleigh.

  3. #3
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    It killed Kennedy.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    Weird.
    So just out of curiosity, if they find it in the sewers, why on earth would people assume it is extra terrestrial right away?
    The simplest explanation tends to be right more often than not, and I would assume that the simplest explanation would be some kind of previously undiscovered terrestrial creature.
    Scientists discover new species on earth at a pretty remarkable rate.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    That thing just makes me queezy.

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Weird.
    So just out of curiosity, if they find it in the sewers, why on earth would people assume it is extra terrestrial right away?
    The simplest explanation tends to be right more often than not, and I would assume that the simplest explanation would be some kind of previously undiscovered terrestrial creature.
    Scientists discover new species on earth at a pretty remarkable rate.
    I could agree with that.
    Seems kinda weird, but the first thing that crosses my mind wouldn't be "holy shit an alien" it would be "wtf is that thing?

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Weird.
    So just out of curiosity, if they find it in the sewers, why on earth would people assume it is extra terrestrial right away?
    The simplest explanation tends to be right more often than not, and I would assume that the simplest explanation would be some kind of previously undiscovered terrestrial creature.
    Scientists discover new species on earth at a pretty remarkable rate.
    I could agree with that.
    Seems kinda weird, but the first thing that crosses my mind wouldn't be "holy pooh an alien" it would be "wtf is that thing?
    My first thought is WTF are those people eating that their shit has come to life???
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Weird.
    So just out of curiosity, if they find it in the sewers, why on earth would people assume it is extra terrestrial right away?
    The simplest explanation tends to be right more often than not, and I would assume that the simplest explanation would be some kind of previously undiscovered terrestrial creature.
    Scientists discover new species on earth at a pretty remarkable rate.
    I could agree with that.
    Seems kinda weird, but the first thing that crosses my mind wouldn't be "holy pooh an alien" it would be "wtf is that thing?
    My first thought is WTF are those people eating that their shit has come to life???
    I was actually fully expecting the camera to pull out and for that to be like some colonoscopy or something.

  9. #9
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    Ewwwww. That's just gross.

    I would be having nightmares if I knew that was in the sewer below where I was living.
    Actually, I might just start having them anyway after seeing that.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  10. #10
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Aliens in the Sewers?

    It says what they are in the article:

    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5483707/

    Ed Buchan, an environmental coordinator with the city's Public Utilities Department, says the mass is believed to be tubifex worms, which form clusters or colonies of about a half-inch to 1-inch in diameter.

    Also known as "sludge worms," they are normally found in sediment of ponds and are sold as fish food in both live and dried forms.

    Thomas Kwak, a biology professor at North Carolina State University's Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit, however, says the so-called monster is actually a cluster of invertebrates called bryozoan, which are commonly found in both the sea and fresh water environments.

    It's unclear how they got into the sewer system, but Kwak said it isn't surprising. The bryozoan feed off bacteria and thrive in cold, dark environments. Those in the video are smaller than a fist, but could grow as large as a watermelon, he said.

    "These organisms are completely harmless," Kwak said. "It's another interesting aspect of nature that we don’t' get to see every day."
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Denver man seeks support for citywide panel on space aliens
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
  2. Replies: 124
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 06:12 AM
  3. Border Fence Builder Hires Aliens
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •