Re: Ahhhhhhhh.....that feels better.

"Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Air Warrior
    ???
    Does that mean you have a Air Warfare pin?
    Air Warrior was one of the very first Massively Multi-Player Online Game (MMOG) as an air-combat simulator.
    I played from about '97 through 2000 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Warrior

=Z=
    Ok so you played AW and EQ so obviously you are a MMO junkie, tell the truth now......do you play wow are are you keeping an eye out for Warhammer online that will release later this year?
    Air Warrior and EQ are my only forays into the MMO world.
    I don't have a machine at home which is capable of playing WOW, nor do I have the time any longer to invest in hours and hours of camping.

So, no, I'm not.

=Z=
    Oh I see

BOOM HEADSHOT
    p0wn3d!

When I've got time to game, I need to be able to do it in 30-45 minute chunks, depending on child/family situation.
    MMOGs don't typically skew that way.
    To get the cool gear, you gotta play and play and play.
    That's why Air Warrior was so good - you could log on, grab a plane, find a fight and then be gone and it didn't affect any overall "standing" you had within the game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=30643.msg522756#msg522756 date=1168524918]
    Air Warrior
    ???
    Does that mean you have a Air Warfare pin?
    Air Warrior was one of the very first Massively Multi-Player Online Game (MMOG) as an air-combat simulator.
    I played from about '97 through 2000 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Warrior

=Z=
    Ok so you played AW and EQ so obviously you are a MMO junkie, tell the truth now......do you play wow are are you keeping an eye out for Warhammer online that will release later this year?
    Air Warrior and EQ are my only forays into the MMO world.
    I don't have a machine at home which is capable of playing WOW, nor do I have the time any longer to invest in hours and hours of camping.

So, no, I'm not.

=Z=
    Oh I see

BOOM HEADSHOT
    p0wn3d!

When I've got time to game, I need to be able to do it in 30-45 minute chunks, depending on child/family situation.
    MMOGs don't typically skew that way.
    To get the cool gear, you gotta play and play and play.
    That's why Air Warrior was so good - you could log on, grab a plane, find a fight and then be gone and it didn't affect any overall "standing" you had within the game.

=Z=
    [/quote]

The Casual VS. Raiding debate. I feel ya, I consider myself Casual. I take pride in beating the snot out of people with better gear though. Not too much pride mind you since it is a video game, just epeen pride.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    The Casual VS. Raiding debate. I feel ya, I consider myself Casual. I take pride in beating the snot out of people with better gear though. Not too much pride mind you since it is a video game, just epeen pride.
    That's the beauty of online play - knowing that there's a human on the other side who's going "Oh Sh*t!" after you've shot him down.
    It was especially tasty (as you note) when that fool was in a P-38 and you got him with a P-47 or something else early war.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

I don't know if I have ever seen a game that is more gear centered then WOW. I still play it, the wife does too so that makes it easier.

I understand what you mean though, and the sad thing is the majority of players are casual and they make up the base of subscription funds so why does the company not cater to them?

"Del" wrote:
    I don't know if I have ever seen a game that is more gear centered then WOW. I still play it, the wife does too so that makes it easier.

I understand what you mean though, and the sad thing is the majority of players are casual and they make up the base of subscription funds so why does the company not cater to them?
    It's nice that your wife plays, as well.
    Are you married in-game?
    :^)

And I can't say why the EQ or WOW producers don't make more of that type of game-play available.
    I'm sure they have all sorts of data which shows why, but I never seriously entertained the thought of getting into WOW because of the EQ camping experience.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Are you married in-game?

And I can't say why the EQ or WOW producers don't make more of that type of game-play available.
    I'm sure they have all sorts of data which shows why, but I never seriously entertained the thought of getting into WOW because of the EQ camping experience.

=Z=
    With the exception of the gold farmers there is very minimal camping in wow. There are instanced dungeons.

We are nerdy, but not nerdy enough to get married in game, she has had offers from other players.

"Del" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Are you married in-game?

=Z=
    With the exception of the gold farmers there is very minimal camping in wow. There are instanced dungeons.

We are nerdy, but not nerdy enough to get married in game, she has had offers from other players.
    I'm surprised you're not playing a chick character.
    My highest-levelling character in EQ was a female barbarian, and she had a HUGE rack, which, I'm certain, got her into more parties than an equivalent male character would have.

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

I actually have a friend that makes only female characters just for the handouts. It is funny with my wife because once someone finds out we are married that confirms to them that she is a real life female and it opens the floodgates.

Someday someone may offer me a great piece of armor or something in exchange for my wife. I will consider the offer.

"Del" wrote:
    I actually have a friend that makes only female characters just for the handouts. It is funny with my wife because once someone finds out we are married that confirms to them that she is a real life female and it opens the floodgates.

Someday someone may offer me a great piece of armor or something in exchange for my wife. I will consider the offer.
    +5 on all stats, as well as a Shield Against Wife Glare enchantment.

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    It's a habit.
    I'm so used to "Zeus" not being available when registering that I just got into being "AWZeus" since that was always available.
    (The AW is from Air Warrior, where I originally donned the nickname as an online persona).

Anywhoo, it's gone, I'm Zeus - or Z - and it feels great, like an old pair of jeans.

=Z=
    DANG!
    I always thought that it stood for AssWipe!

Just kidding!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast