Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 32 of 32
  1. #31
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

    See it now?
    Germans didn't originally own that land. Native Americans lived on the land until we claimed it for ourselves.
    Your point?
    Mexicans didn't originally own the land either. The vast majority of the indigenous population died off during the 300 years of Spanish colonization.
    The US-Mexican war was fought between two colonial nations, not any government of the native Americans.
    Actually nobody originally owned the land, Native Americans migrated over the Bearing Straights.

    What's done is done, wars happen, they always have and always will.
    Look at how many Americans were slaughtered when we had an argument over states rights to run themselves in the 1800s.
    I'd personally be mad if Absolut put out a map of the U.S. and had the states south of the Mason Dixon line in Johnny Grey and saying "In and Perfect world".
    Poor taste, and the ad guys knew exactly what they were doing, and were probably hoping a big ruckus would be made because no press is bad press.

  2. #32
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

    See it now?
    Germans didn't originally own that land. Native Americans lived on the land until we claimed it for ourselves.
    Your point?
    Mexicans didn't originally own the land either. The vast majority of the indigenous population died off during the 300 years of Spanish colonization.
    The US-Mexican war was fought between two colonial nations, not any government of the native Americans.
    Actually nobody originally owned the land, Native Americans migrated over the Bearing Straights.

    What's done is done, wars happen, they always have and always will.
    Look at how many Americans were slaughtered when we had an argument over states rights to run themselves in the 1800s.
    I'd personally be mad if Absolut put out a map of the U.S. and had the states south of the Mason Dixon line in Johnny Grey and saying "In and Perfect world".
    Poor taste, and the ad guys knew exactly what they were doing, and were probably hoping a big ruckus would be made because no press is bad press.


    Well said sir.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
  2. Man Chugs Bottle of Vodka at Airport
    By C Mac D in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
  3. Man drinks liter of vodka at airport line
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
  4. Man Grabs Shark With Hands; Blames Vodka
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 11:05 PM
  5. for people that know their vodka i got a question
    By magicci in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •