Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

See it now?
    Germans didn't originally own that land. Native Americans lived on the land until we claimed it for ourselves.
    Your point?
    Mexicans didn't originally own the land either. The vast majority of the indigenous population died off during the 300 years of Spanish colonization.
    The US-Mexican war was fought between two colonial nations, not any government of the native Americans.
    Actually nobody originally owned the land, Native Americans migrated over the Bearing Straights.

What's done is done, wars happen, they always have and always will.
    Look at how many Americans were slaughtered when we had an argument over states rights to run themselves in the 1800s.
    I'd personally be mad if Absolut put out a map of the U.S. and had the states south of the Mason Dixon line in Johnny Grey and saying "In and Perfect world".
    Poor taste, and the ad guys knew exactly what they were doing, and were probably hoping a big ruckus would be made because no press is bad press.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

"Schutz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

See it now?
    Germans didn't originally own that land. Native Americans lived on the land until we claimed it for ourselves.
    Your point?
    Mexicans didn't originally own the land either. The vast majority of the indigenous population died off during the 300 years of Spanish colonization.
    The US-Mexican war was fought between two colonial nations, not any government of the native Americans.
    Actually nobody originally owned the land, Native Americans migrated over the Bearing Straights.

What's done is done, wars happen, they always have and always will.
    Look at how many Americans were slaughtered when we had an argument over states rights to run themselves in the 1800s.
    I'd personally be mad if Absolut put out a map of the U.S. and had the states south of the Mason Dixon line in Johnny Grey and saying "In and Perfect world".
    Poor taste, and the ad guys knew exactly what they were doing, and were probably hoping a big ruckus would be made because no press is bad press.

Well said sir.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234