Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Fair enough, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous that people would get offended by this.
    I don't find it offensive but obviously enough people did.

  2. #12
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    It wasn't even used in America. I think that map is fine, I'm sure it actually looked like that at one point.

    I think people in North America have way too much time to complain. If i ever see a map that says Indians ever inhabited land in Canada i will definitely be writing some angry letters.

  3. #13
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    I don't personally find it offensive, but the concept of the ad itself is in poor taste.

  4. #14
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    Lets not forget that here in America Joe average American wouldn't think half a minute about it, however, our country has its share of over sensitive yutz's who just look for crap like that to beeeyyyyatch about and love to stir the pot which then in turns gets Joe average American all fired up resulting in mass histeria.


    Anyone remember Y2K?

    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

    See it now?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

    See it now?
    Well played my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I think their message was meant to be "in a perfect world, California would still be part of Mexico"... kinda like.. too bad you lost the war (suckers... okay I added that part)

    It's kind of humorous, but they should know they can't get away with that in the internet age...
    Exactly.
    The US-Mexican war was a pretty big deal.
    This would be the same as having an ad run in Germany that said "In an Absolute World" over this map:
    [img width=450 height=295]http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/images/occupymap.jpg[/img]

    See it now?
    Or if they did a label in the middle east that said "in a perfect world" and had no Israel on it but a real big Palestine.

  9. #19
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    It wasn't even used in America. I think that map is fine, I'm sure it actually looked like that at one point.

    I think people in North America have way too much time to complain. If i ever see a map that says Indians ever inhabited land in Canada i will definitely be writing some angry letters.
    lol it DID look like that at one point, before we went to War with Mexico.
    Like the general consensus on this board, it doesn't offend me.. but I can easily see why it offends some people.


    NodakPaul wins the game though with his comparison


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Absolut vodka pulls ad showing California in Mexico

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Or if they did a label in the middle east that said "in a perfect world" and had no Israel on it but a real big Palestine.
    Ooooh, much better example!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
  2. Man Chugs Bottle of Vodka at Airport
    By C Mac D in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
  3. Man drinks liter of vodka at airport line
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
  4. Man Grabs Shark With Hands; Blames Vodka
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 11:05 PM
  5. for people that know their vodka i got a question
    By magicci in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •