Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

ABOUT TO GO CRAZY!

[rant on]I was at the Cubs game today. They were playing the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball. The Cubbies rocked El Duke for 5 runs in 1 2/3 innings. The score after 4 innings was 5-0 Cubs. I was pretty happy considering that some idiot Mets fans wearing their David Wright jerseys and chanting MVP MVP!! Everytime he came up. Then Chris Woodward hit a solo shot and after 4 the score was 5-1. At this point, I was thinking ok we still got this. Then in the top of the 5th, Cliff Floyd hit a solo shot. The guys next to me were getting more and more annoying. So after 5, it was 5-2. I was thinking Marshall, the starter and rookie, would be coming out and we could bring in Scott Eyre and Bob Howry.

Then starts the worst inning I have ever watched as a Cubs fan. The inning started out with a harmless out. Then another harmless ground ball to Todd Walker, he drops it and Carlos Beltran gets on. Little does anyone know the next two gouys get on and then Cliff Floyd hits a Grand Slam and the Cubs are down 6-5. At this point, the guys next to me, the guys have had a few beers in then and theyre laughing at me and saying I suck. I think it's funny that they were 25 and they have to beat a 14 year old.

Two guys get on after that and then Juan Castro hit a ball to the third baseman Aramis Ramirez throws it to Todd Walker, who makes ANOTHER ERROR and the guy gets on . THe next batter Carlos Beltran hits ANOTHER GRAND SLAM. THe score is now 11-5 and the guys next to can not let anything go now. They are just yelling and yelling at me (eventually they get thrown out by security)

To make matters worse, Carlos Delgado get a double and then David Wright hit a 2 run home run.

Let's recap a 42 MINUTE 1/2 INNING

DUSTY BAKER NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I made any spelling errors, I just had to get that off my chest.

[rant off]

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Re: ABOUT TO GO CRAZY!

yeah, I saw that and posted in the Minnesota Twins thread (even though it had nothing to do with the Twins, it was a baseball thread). that had to suck. my dad (a cubs fan) didn't enjoy it either.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

OMG i would have been heartbroken...no j/k

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

The Cubs have had a very frustrating season, so I understand why you're so upset.

But Dusty Baker isn't the problem, unfourtantley he will most likely be the scapegoat.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    DUSTY BAKER NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I made any spelling errors, I just had to get that off my chest.
    Can't blame Dusty if Todd Walker boots two balls, Aramis Ramirez tries to go 3rd-to-home-to-1st on the DP ball before Beltran hit the 2nd grand slam and the wind is blowing out.

I have been a Cubs fan since the early 70s (Manny Trillo, Ivan DeJesus, Larry Biittner, etc.) so I feel your pain, ChiTown. I do, however, think that canning Dusty would be a poor choice when the real problem is a GM who has been relying on the bad arms of Mark Prior and Kerry Wood for too long.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

Just go crazy, it's not that bad. Just ask BBQ.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I feel for ya ChiTown. Next to the Twins, I'm probably a Cubs fan 2nd. The whole "BillyGoat" curse and all...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I myself as a life long Braves fan have gone through some disappointment this season.. They are starting to turn things around winning 10 of their last 12 games now.. My dad is a huge Cubs fan, and he called me yesterday and said can you believe what is going on? I agree with ChiTown with that Dusty Baker needs to go, and all the players that aren't playing to their abilities..

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

i was flipping through the channels last night and watched this game for a while. i stoppe watchin when the cubs had a 3-0 lead. then it seems the nect time i stopped on it the mwets were up 13-7 and i was think how crazy that was. oh well im a reds fan
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I feel for ya ChiTown. Next to the Twins, I'm probably a Cubs fan 2nd. The whole "BillyGoat" curse and all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast