Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92
  1. #21
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    I am hoping Messi will be back in time before the world cup starts, even if he doesnt I will still be supporting argentina, my girlfriend is coming to visit me from london and she is bringing an argentina jersey for me :grin:
    I guess someone has to support Argentina.. Just remember what happened in the 2002 World Cup.. And in the friendly just a couple of months ago

    :grin:

    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    Did u mean barca might sign Henry next season??? gol 'darnit I have a class soon, i can't watch Milan vs Barca going on right now
    Yeah I did.. Rumours have been flying for the whole season that Thierry Henry might leave Arsenal, and with Spain being the most likely destination, Barcelona would be favourites to sign him. That's why I think the winner of the Champions League Final (assuming Barca get through) will also be the team Henry plays for next season.

    And if Henry does go to Barcelona, look for Eto'o to go to Chelsea in a big-money transfer.

  2. #22
    vikingTurf Guest

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "Benet" wrote:
    Yeah I did.. Rumours have been flying for the whole season that Thierry Henry might leave Arsenal, and with Spain being the most likely destination, Barcelona would be favourites to sign him. That's why I think the winner of the Champions League Final (assuming Barca get through) will also be the team Henry plays for next season.

    And if Henry does go to Barcelona, look for Eto'o to go to Chelsea in a big-money transfer.
    not to undermine Eto'o but the trio of Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho would be a treat to watch

  3. #23
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    This was crazy, i could not believe .. Arsenal is my favorite team in Europe.. next to my native Danish league team - FC Copenhagen.. which i of course like the most..

    Well Arsenal was played down the whole match and they got that penalty.. I still believe that Jose Mari(the player from spain) took a major dive(faking his fall).. But all spanish players do :..

    You could so on Riquelme that he did not want to take this penalty, and he had a lot of pressure on this shoulders.. When Jens saved, i was sure they were gonna score on the post-ball(because the ball did not go to a corner, i was blocked by lehmann back in play.. but when Lehmann had the ball in his hands i screamed YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!...

    It was so awesome..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #24
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    not to undermine Eto'o but the trio of Henry, Messi and Ronaldinho would be a treat to watch
    I don't undermine him either.. But like you I can't see Barca playing Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o AND Henry. Especially as they have Deco, Ludovic Giuly, Mark van Bommel and a defence to somehow squeeze in as well!

    Barca play with one out-and-out striker unless they're desperate to score, in which case Henrik Larsson comes on.. Anyway, I just wouldn't see Eto'o accepting Henry into the Barca team. I think he'd see it as an insult (he's quite a high-strung guy) and would want to leave.

    And who better to leave the champions of Spain for the champions of England?

    And to skum.. I agree with you completely about the penalty. Riquelme looked white as a ghost, and just as you said, I thought that Villareal were going to score the rebound.. But they didn't, and Arsenal now have a Parisien homecoming for Thierry Henry, Gael Clichy, Robert Pires, Pascal Cygan, Mathieu Flamini and Arsene Wenger!

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "Benet" wrote:
    Just beat everyone else jumping on the bandwagon eh? :wink:

    My favourite team comes from the second tier of English football, the confusingly-named "The Championship", Luton Town.

    Don't worry, I don't expect you to have heard of them! :grin:
    By maybe 2 years - but I was looking for someone in FIFA Soccer who wasn't ManU.

    And I *have* heard of Luton Town - I enjoy watching FA Cup action, so you pick up on all sorts of lower-tier clubs that way.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    By maybe 2 years - but I was looking for someone in FIFA Soccer who wasn't ManU.

    And I *have* heard of Luton Town - I enjoy watching FA Cup action, so you pick up on all sorts of lower-tier clubs that way.

    =Z=
    Wow! You watch FA Cup games too!? Tell me.. Did you manage to see Luton v Liverpool in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup this season?

    The MOST exciting game of the season by a mile! And I was there!

    And Luton lost 5-3 after leading 3-1 after an hour! :razz:

    Oh well.. Anyway.. Barca v Milan is still 0-0!

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "Benet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    By maybe 2 years - but I was looking for someone in FIFA Soccer who wasn't ManU.

    And I *have* heard of Luton Town - I enjoy watching FA Cup action, so you pick up on all sorts of lower-tier clubs that way.

    =Z=
    Wow! You watch FA Cup games too!? Tell me.. Did you manage to see Luton v Liverpool in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup this season?

    The MOST exciting game of the season by a mile! And I was there!

    And Luton lost 5-3 after leading 3-1 after an hour! :razz:

    Oh well.. Anyway.. Barca v Milan is still 0-0!
    I *think* I caught that one on a replay, but I'm not sure. I generally am able to see some English football action on Saturday afternoons when my 2-year-old is napping.

    Pretty exciting that Reading is making the Premiership for the first time in the club's history. Isn't that something like 120 years of football???

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    I *think* I caught that one on a replay, but I'm not sure. I generally am able to see some English football action on Saturday afternoons when my 2-year-old is napping.

    Pretty exciting that Reading is making the Premiership for the first time in the club's history. Isn't that something like 120 years of football???

    =Z=
    Yup.. Pretty special for them. But they're going to have a really tough time in the Premiership without reinforcements, especially so as Luton beat them at Kenilworth Road (Luton's home ground) and we're onto finish 11th in a 24 team league!

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    "Benet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    I *think* I caught that one on a replay, but I'm not sure. I generally am able to see some English football action on Saturday afternoons when my 2-year-old is napping.

    Pretty exciting that Reading is making the Premiership for the first time in the club's history. Isn't that something like 120 years of football???

    =Z=
    Yup.. Pretty special for them. But they're going to have a really tough time in the Premiership without reinforcements, especially so as Luton beat them at Kenilworth Road (Luton's home ground) and we're onto finish 11th in a 24 team league!
    They need more Americans! :razz:

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    vikingTurf Guest

    Re: AAAAGGHH!!! THIS IS EXCRUCIATING!!

    So Arsenal vs Barcelona it is in the finals, I remember last yr's final when Liverpool made a stunning come back to win the finals. I am siding with Barcelona hopefully they win it all this time.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •