Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TMAC604 is offline Starter

Re: 98' Vikings Top 5

You guys remember that Will Smith song they kept playing. I was in Minnesota for the weekend only and kept hearing "We're going to Miami" all over the place.

vikesbest98 is offline Training Camp

Hey TMAC It was not at all gary's fault. you know whos fault is was? it was that Jerk John Madden. With all his crap talking about how Gary hadnt missed a field goal in over 2 years and how Red hadnt seen the vikings lose since buying the team cause the one loss they had he was in the hospital or something like that. Kept talking about it the whole game and what happens. Gary misses and Red sees the vikes lose. To this day i loath John Madden.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Out of all the years ive been a viking fan, and thats going back to the mid 60's, I truly believed in my heart that "98" was our year to win the super bowl. That was up to the minute when when Anderson missed the field goal against the Falcons in the NFC Championship game. Once that happened, I had a feeling that was the end of our dream season, and thats exactly what happened.

But I do have another good feeling inside of me lately that we are on the path to something really speical, in the near future.

I have a strong belief, we will be again, representing the NFC in a Super Bowl within the next 3 years, or sooner.........
    I sure hope you are right Ned, I've only been a fan for 8 years now so I haven't been through what a lot of you lifetime fans have been through, but I've been through enough to know that hopefully soon the waiting will be over.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

twill is offline Starter

that was a beautiful year

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Pretty much the year when I became a huge Vikes fan..

I watched my whole life ever since I can remember with my dad.. But after watching the games then I couldn't stop!

Too bad we didn't have a better D.. We would have been the top team on that list im sure

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

I still want to why we didn't play the last 30 seconds of regualtion instead of kneeling on the ball. It still pisses me off.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    I still want to why we didn't play the last 30 seconds of regualtion instead of kneeling on the ball. It still pisses me off.
    That's something that you might want to ask Mr. Green. With our offense, there was no reason that we shouldn't have gone for it. But instead of getting upset over the past, (which is what I will do if I think about it much longer) I am going to think about 2006 and how good it will be.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I miss our offense being so dominant. No matter who got the ball, you knew every play had the potential to be a TD.

Here's to a surprisingly dominant offense in 06.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

There are several reasons we blew that game!!
    Anderson missing ....YES.....BUT , on the drive to the missed field goal, lets NOT forget that Robert Smith went out of bounds TWICE stopping the clock...If he stays in bounds the clock runs and or Atlanta uses all their time outs so when the feild goal is missed there is a few ticks on the clock and or no time outs left.....I dont think they would have been able to score.....we win!
    How about Robert Griffith dropping a sure interception in the end zone!!
    That would have stopped them!! And of course taking the knee...If memory serves me...didnt we have the ultimate offense, a time out, and it was not like they were stopping us as well!! NO NUTZ for Denny on that one!!
    I still cry!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the offense using the conservative approach in the second half killed us..now please dont ever bring this game up ever again, unless we win a superbowl!!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast