cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 9/11 recontstruction

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    If you want some conspiracy to compare to, here is a video

http://videoblog.tv2.dk/video/114932.html
    Thats retarded
    Yeah.

Even though I don't believe them, I have allways been a little fascinated about conspiracy theories.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 9/11 recontstruction

So I'm going to post one more video in this and then shut up. It's with one of the most well known conspiracy theorists, David Ray Griffin. Taken from a blog that deals with the conspiracies. It's a tape of one of his 'lectures'.

David Ray Griffin.

Remember I don't believe the conspiracies myself, but I find it fascinating how you can present something from so strange a perspective.

As a student of science I'd normally take all facts, look at them, and from that deduct the most reasonable theory and present it as my conclusion. Notice how you build up a conspiracy theory conclusion. 1. You start with a big event (like 9/11) and take everything that in some way look strange. 2. You take the strange things and ask questions. 3. You answer these questions yourself and present the answers as facts. 4. You take all these new 'facts' and pool them together (even if they point in many directions), and 5. make a huge leap towards a conspiracy conclusion.

This is why I find these theories fascinating to look at, even if they are proven wrong. Remember, even if you see a light flashing in the sky, it doesn't necessarily mean that you've seen a UFO.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12