Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    9/11 recontstruction

    Scientists and engineers at Purdue has made a reconstruction of the collapse of the WTC at 9/11

    What do you think of it?

    Story + video

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    Won't let me watch the clip.
    Imagine it is our firewall here at work.
    I will take a look when I get home.

    Did you get to see the one that Discovery Channel put out a while ago.
    Very interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    That was pretty cool.
    Especially the part about how it showed the core columns being destroyed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    I used a campfire to melt an iron structure once. Boy is magic cool!

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    I used a campfire to melt an iron structure once. Boy is magic cool!
    ???

    Dear God, I hope this isn't some Rosie O'Donnel inspired conspiracy theory.

    After further studies, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) told Popular Mechanics that debris from the 110-floor North Tower hit WTC7 with the force of a volcanic eruption. Nearly a quarter of the building was carved away over the bottom 10 stories on its south face, and significant damage was visible up to the 18th floor
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    If the reason it fell was because of damage to the bottom corner...wouldn't the building have collapsed in that direction then?

    *disclaimer - I do not believe in any of the wack job radical theories as to why the tower fell...I'm just simply trying to follow the story.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If the reason it fell was because of damage to the bottom corner...wouldn't the building have collapsed in that direction then?

    *disclaimer - I do not believe in any of the wack job radical theories as to why the tower fell...I'm just simply trying to follow the story.
    I don't know.
    The building was also on fire.
    From what I have read, the fire didn't need to be hot enough to melt the steel, just hot enough to compromise its integrity.
    PM states that steel loses about 50% of its strength at 1100 degrees, well within the limit of a jet fuel fire.


    Also, the support beams are designed to share the load of the building.
    Just like in the North and South Towers, when a small percentage of the beams failed, the weight they were supporting was transferred to the already weakened remaining beams.
    That caused more beams to fail, and in a very short amount of time, the entire support structure failed unilaterally, and the buildings (all three of them - North, South and B7) collapsed in on themselves in much the same way.

    I'm not a structural engineer, so I honestly can't speak to this with any authority.
    That is why I defer to the experts in that field, the vast majority of which disagree with any conspiracy theory involving controlled demolition.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    91

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    well at least all those conspiricy theories will go away now, oh yeah i forgot those people are nuts and no amount of evidence will convince them that their wrong, just like creationists, moon landing conspiricy theorists, and the flat earth society.

  9. #9
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    If you want some conspiracy to compare to, here is a video

    http://videoblog.tv2.dk/video/114932.html

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: 9/11 recontstruction

    "cogitans" wrote:
    If you want some conspiracy to compare to, here is a video

    http://videoblog.tv2.dk/video/114932.html
    Thats retarded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •