Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/11

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 9/11

"josdin00" wrote:
    The history channel showed a special last night ... "102 minutes that changed America". If you ever get a chance to watch it, do so.
    I saw about the last 30 minutes of that.
    It was incredible.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: 9/11

"Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    The history channel showed a special last night ... "102 minutes that changed America". If you ever get a chance to watch it, do so.
    I saw about the last 30 minutes of that.
    It was incredible.

=Z=
    It really brings home the events that happened that day, especially to those who weren't in New York at the time. The confusion, the fear, the anger ... they're so much more palpable in the footage from that show.

For those of you who haven't seen it, what they did was take videos from that day, filmed by 8 or 9 different people, and splice them together to show the different perspectives as the events progressed. One was from a freshman college student who had recently moved in to an apartment a mile or so away from the twin towers. One was from a journalist who happened to be in Times Square when he found out about the first tower being hit. He was filming the crowd watching the events on the jumbotron outside the Good Morning America studios. I don't remember who all the others were, but they filmed the raw reactions of the day.

There was no sterility to this show, like you get with news broadcasts. In fact, they didn't have any narration of the events at all. Everything was either the raw audio from the tapes, or replays of the broadcast going over police and other emergency frequencies. There are no commercial breaks ... nothing to disrupt the images and emotions from the broadcast.

I hope they repeat that show every year on 9/11.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123