Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: 9/11

I'll never forget I was in a college prep history class first hour when another teacher came in and told our teacher to turn the news on because one of the buildins was on fire. Went to second period english/lit class and watched the second plane hit live. My teacher Mrs. Morris cried like no other. I think I was in shock and didn't realize what happened until afterwards...

Got out of football practice early and rode home with my mom and saw lines at gas stations. I was close to my dad, but never closer that night. Because thats when he gave me my first beer(that he knew of) and we set out on the back of his truck after he got done cutting some wood in one of our fields. Perfect fall/summer evening that had gone so wrong the morning before..

I'll never forget and neither will my kids or grandkids if by chance I have those...

9/11 Budweiser Tribute

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It is sad to think back to how united we became after this tragedy and how divided we have become because of both political parties trying to use it for political gain.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

The history channel showed a special last night ... "102 minutes that changed America". If you ever get a chance to watch it, do so.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It is sad to think back to how united we became after this tragedy and how divided we have become because of both political parties trying to use it for political gain.
    Money and greed my friend...

For a short time our country was how it was supposed to be. Complete opposite of now..

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    While the terrorists may have caused mayhem and utter dismay for a day, every 9/11 I feel that this country gains a newfound sense of patriotism that strengthens this nation.
    9/11 was arguably the most horrific day in American history but through this day, the nation gains a more and more unification that if nothing else, makes us stronger.
    I would agree about the first couple years after 9/11. Nowadays, a lot of people don't even remember when 9/11 took place.... sad....http://www.kontraband.com/videos/696...-Was-911/#show
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"Braddock" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    While the terrorists may have caused mayhem and utter dismay for a day, every 9/11 I feel that this country gains a newfound sense of patriotism that strengthens this nation.
    9/11 was arguably the most horrific day in American history but through this day, the nation gains a more and more unification that if nothing else, makes us stronger.
    I would agree about the first couple years after 9/11. Nowadays, a lot of people don't even remember when 9/11 took place.... sad....http://www.kontraband.com/videos/696...-Was-911/#show
    WOW that is just pathetic.
    These people don't realize what they have over here.
    9/11 is, IMO, the most recognizable day in American History with exception of independence day.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    WOW that is just pathetic.
    These people don't realize what they have over here.
    9/11 is, IMO, the most recognizable day in American History with exception of independence day.
    And Pearl Harbor.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I remember right where I was when I heard about what was happening. I was at work at ADC in Shakopee, about 5 minutes from home. Someone said that a plane had flown into the towers, and I couldn't believe it. Someone had taped the news that morning, and brought it into work and hooked up a TV and VCR in the lunchroom. I remember watching in disbelief and thinking that whoever did this was going to pay by the might of the United States military. How sad to think that the way we were brought together as a country has been replaced by political discord and division. There SO needs to be a political revolution in this country to shake the Democrats and Republicans out of their mindless partisan bickering...

Anyway, when I think of that day I think of the Bruce Springsteen song "Lonesome Day" - it still gives me the chills listening to it.

Lonesome Day
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    May the victims of the attacks on the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and those who crashed in Shanksville rest in peace.

May the plotters and hijackers burn in hell.

And the rest of the world who watched stop politicizing the incident and insulting the loss of those whose lives were taken that day 8 years ago.

Many thanks to the first responders, specifically to the FDNY.
    Excellent post my friend.

+1, you are wise beyond your years.

I'll never forget that day unfolding before our eyes...the incredible sight of people jumping from the buildings (I was thinking why don't they bring in helicopters to pick them off the roofs?), the surreal ride home on the railroad, not a single plane in the skies...and then the heartbreaking news that hundreds of FDNY, NYPD, EMS and PA police had perished. Sad, sad day that we should always remember in our own personal way.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast