Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

9/11/2001...10 years later

On Sunday it will be 10 years since 9/11. What were you doing when you heard the towers had been hit?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 9/11/2001...10 years later

I had just retired from the Navy. Wasn't working yet and was just sitting down for a cup of coffee to watch a show called "Imus in the Morning".

On a side note, anyone else been watching "The Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero" on Discovery. Not much makes we want to head to NY, but that just might get me to pay a visit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: 9/11/2001...10 years later

I was working for walmart and I was helping put out christmas stuff. The store managaer came and told us what happened. The rest of the day we stood in electronics and watched everything on the tvs

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    I was standing in the QA lab at AOL, about 5 miles from Dulles. Someone burst in and said we needed to turn the TV on in the lab. We did so and then watched as the 2nd plane hit. Soon after, they came over the loudspeaker and told us to evacuate the building. Spent the rest of the day with friends and watching things on TV. I was supposed to fly the next day (9/12) to Chicago for my mom's 60th b'day. Ended up driving cross-country to make the occasion. Amazing how empty the roads were that day. =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    My wife's brother and sister-in-law were supposed to be flying back to Chicago from Hawaii that day. They were on their honeymoon.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    I was at work, i was standing on a treadmill just glued to the tv in shock at what i was seeing.

Tragic event that has made air travel safer than ever before, sad that something like this had to happen in order to make it safer though.

All those who perished, RIP, except the coward terrorists that did this, may they rot in hell.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I was at home, woke up, saw it all from the beginning. Ran down and woke up Neumdog too.

Also woke up and randomly tuned in and saw the shuttle disaster a few years later too.

Surreal few years.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    I was at work as a landscaper at the time. Loading the dump truck with boulders. As I was almost finished my good friend hopped out of the truck looking pale as a ghost and told me that terrorists were flying planes into the World Trade Center. Spent the rest of the day laying sod and we all kept our cars' radios blaring so we could keep up to speed with the coverage.

Remember later that night when gas jumped up to $5 a gallon, which at the time was insane. What a whirl wind.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I was at work...

I was at work at ADC Telecommunications in Shakopee, MN. I got to work about 8:00, and then someone came into the warehouse and said that something was happening. Some guy had been smart enough to be taping what was happening, and he brought the video tape in and set up a TV in the breakroom so everyone could watch.

I remember feeling outrage, thinking how the US military was going to find out who was responsible and kick some ass. I couldn't concentrate on work, and I remember our supervisors telling everyone to get back to work, because we were all trying to get info online. I remember thinking, geez, come on, this is history happening here!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast