Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

9-11-01....Where were you?

It's been 5 years since 9/11 happened next Monday. Where were you and what where you doing?

I was working for Sam Walton's awful army at the time, and I was helping set up for Christmas.
    When we found the whole store shut down and watched TV the rest of the day.
    I had the next day off so I stayed home and just stared at the TV and couldn't believe what had happened.

Prophet Guest

Re: 9-11-01....Where were you?

I was writing a manuscript....and setting up my FF roster.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i was in school... we heard rumors of the highjackings while in class.. there was a TV set up in the library and i believe the auditorium, i stopped in the library and plowed my way through to the front to hear what was going on

next thing i knew the first plane hit, then we hear one after the other of the other 3 planes.. then the towers falling, it was sureal

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

i was at home, my grandmother called that there was an exident.
    it scared the shit out of me
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I was in my 3rd period, 9th grade typing class.We happened to have on the TV in our class, and a breaking news brief came on the station we had on.I remeber there was alot of panic around the school.People saying that we where under attack, etc.Sad sad day...I'll remeber it for the rest of my life.R.I.P. to all the friends and family memebers lost on that terrible day.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

idk how many of u are on myspace, but there were a lot of people that post the "bulletins" on there and have been circulating stupid shit about having the day off of school and such like that, saying everyone everywhere should skip school.

theres a good page on there by a guy thats screen name is "NEVER FORGET" i have him on my friends so i get his bulletins, he sent out this, the first part was my own imput, thought some of u might appreciate it.

before you get into the actual bulletin, im going to add my own person opinion on this topic.

theres been bulletins about "SKIP SCHOOL 9/11" and all that shit, those types of things are a pure lack of respect for what happened that day, people will argue with me saying that we should have that day off since we have presidents day off and shit like that, but come on, is that all you think of when you think of the most influential moment in any of our lives?

doing something as stupid as giving American children the day off of school because we got attacked would be the dumbest possible thing imaginable to show recognition for 9/11, it would be a blatant mockery of the lives lost. those that died that day, and that have died for us overseas, did so because they want us to continue on with our lives as normal, as much as possible, so please, this 9/11, do me and yourselves two things

#1, go on with your life as normal, we were attacked that day because those people are so against the American way of life that they were willing to kill and die trying to disrupt it; dont let them.

#2, NEVER FORGET.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Here to Watch This Very Important Video NEVER FORGET - The Blood of Our Heroes
    [img width=320 height=213]http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/7751/flagscreenshot6rb.jpg[/img]

> Then On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office & store in the United States.

> Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy.

We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11,
    their families, friends & loved ones who continue to endure the pain, & for those who today are fighting at home & abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was
    bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism.

Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared.
    Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity.
    Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan: So, here's what we need you to do...

(1) Forward this email to everyone you know (at least 12 people).

Please don't be the one to break this chain.

Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11
    & let those sentiments guide you. (2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.
    Thank you for your participation.

God Bless You and God Bless America - From NEVER FORGET

http://www.myspace.com/securitypolice

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I was in social studies class and the teacher from across the hall came in and told us. It was surreal...one of those things that I'll never forget.

i was in 5th grade i believe it was and our class was just getting back from music class. i had no idea what the world trade centers were at the time...i thought it was a shopping mall or something. we talked about the attacks and terrorists and stuff for a long time in class. i remember that for the next few months, when you turned on the tv all you saw was stuff about the WTC.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

I was at my (old) work, sitting in front of the surface grinder, listening to the KQ Morning Show, and Tommy B said on the air that a plane crashed into the WTC.
    A few minutes later, he said another one just crashed into it, and he was like WTF.

Immediately thereafter, I knew it could only be the work of terrorists.
    Bastards.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I was on the internet checking eBay for Vikes tix with the TV on. It was devasting & shocking to say the least.

I was at work listening to the radio when the 2nd tower was hit & passed the info on to my co-workers.

As devasting & shocking as it was, I always wondered what it was like for people the day Pearl Harbor was hit. They only had the radio to listen to.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast