Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

81-yr-old woman vs Bart Starr

81-year-old woman accused of extortion
    Associated Press
    7 Dec. 2006

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - An 81-year-old woman has been charged with trying to extort $2 million from Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 81-yr-old woman vs Bart Starr

Those beer goggle nights are coming back to haunt him, I see!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

KFFL
    NFL | Charges filed against woman trying to extort B. Starr
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:43:17 -0800

The Associated Press reports an 81-year-old woman has been charged with trying to extort $2 million from Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr. Ruby Y. Young mailed a letter to Starr alleging a romantic encounter in 1960, according to prosecutors. Starr denies knowing the woman, according to a criminal complaint affidavit filed against Young in Birmingham, Ala. Young was released on bond after a hearing Tuesday, Dec. 5, in federal court. She told U.S. Magistrate Judge Pamela Mathy she understood the charges and that "it's not true." According to the affidavit, the initial letter was dated Oct. 30. The initial letter said, "And now, the time has come for you to pay -- to pay for the many injuries you caused me. ... No I am not a push-over Mr. Starr -- and no, I do not need the money -- but I intend to see that you pay for your wrong doings [sic] to me." Bart Starr Jr. said the family felt badly for the woman and only went to authorities because it seemed like it "could be a dangerous situation." He said his mother recalled a situation about 30 years ago when a woman Ruby claimed she had met Starr. The woman in Texas was about Ruby Young's age. However, she claimed the man she met was "a great big guy" who smoked cigars, wore cowboy boots and Stetson hats. Starr is a slender 6-feet tall.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Acumen" wrote:
    KFFL
    NFL | Charges filed against woman trying to extort B. Starr
    Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:43:17 -0800

The Associated Press reports an 81-year-old woman has been charged with trying to extort $2 million from Hall of Fame QB Bart Starr. Ruby Y. Young mailed a letter to Starr alleging a romantic encounter in 1960, according to prosecutors. Starr denies knowing the woman, according to a criminal complaint affidavit filed against Young in Birmingham, Ala. Young was released on bond after a hearing Tuesday, Dec. 5, in federal court. She told U.S. Magistrate Judge Pamela Mathy she understood the charges and that "it's not true." According to the affidavit, the initial letter was dated Oct. 30. The initial letter said, "And now, the time has come for you to pay -- to pay for the many injuries you caused me. ... No I am not a push-over Mr. Starr -- and no, I do not need the money -- but I intend to see that you pay for your wrong doings [sic] to me." Bart Starr Jr. said the family felt badly for the woman and only went to authorities because it seemed like it "could be a dangerous situation." He said his mother recalled a situation about 30 years ago when a woman Ruby claimed she had met Starr. The woman in Texas was about Ruby Young's age. However, she claimed the man she met was "a great big guy" who smoked cigars, wore cowboy boots and Stetson hats. Starr is a slender 6-feet tall.

Bill Clinton?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Hey Grandma, tell me again about the time you screwed Bart Starr.

"WVV" wrote:
    Hey Grandma, tell me again about the time you screwed Bart Starr.
    ;D ;D