BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

70 mph to 60 mph on Minnesota interstates? Group might recommend it

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=59552&section=homepage&CFID=71602766& CFTOKEN=74957595&jsessionid=8830f939dc3077318316

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: 70 mph to 60 mph on Minnesota interstates? Group might recommend it

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=59552&section=homepage&CFID=71602766& CFTOKEN=74957595&jsessionid=8830f939dc3077318316
    Great picture.
    Also I got a kick out of the part where they say they slowed down their delivery trucks.
    Which is stupid, my dad is a truck driver and they did the same thing to his trucks at the soy company he works for.
    Maybe it helps maybe it doesn't, but he would end up stuck behind people going slow but didn't have enough power or speed to pass them, so he'd become late in a very time orientated job.
    I also like how they pointed out that if they slowed traffic down it might end up causing more congestion and emissions anyways.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Great picture.
    Also I got a kick out of the part where they say they slowed down their delivery trucks.
    Which is stupid, my dad is a truck driver and they did the same thing to his trucks at the soy company he works for.
    Maybe it helps maybe it doesn't, but he would end up stuck behind people going slow but didn't have enough power or speed to pass them, so he'd become late in a very time orientated job.
    I also like how they pointed out that if they slowed traffic down it might end up causing more congestion and emissions anyways.
    I think this idea is stupid but the idea of slowing your fleet of trucks down is not if it saves money. Gas prices are sky high and if you can save 5% you might be able make a little profit. In some cases where time is more important it wouldn't be a good idea.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

it might help.
    i have to say, I'm from a smaller city so we don't have freeways, but i've driven in Toronto, LA, Calgary and Minneapolis, and i have to say, driving in Minny is by far the worst.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    it might help.
    i have to say, I'm from a smaller city so we don't have freeways, but i've driven in Toronto, LA, Calgary and Minneapolis, and i have to say, driving in Minny is by far the worst.
    The Twin Cities are in no way worse than LA.
    LA and Chicago are by far the worst metros I have even driven in.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    it might help.
    I agree, the Twin Cities are easy to get around in. Chicago might be the worst place I've driven.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    it might help.

Your all wrong, if you want to drive in the worst driving conditions there is to be found........TRY BOSTON, MA......

Believe me, I've driven all over this country, and I was actually a profesional driver at one time
    ( still am but in a little chevy...LOL )
    Boston is the worst.

And if the topic is raising the speed limit to 70 or 80,
    thats just plain sick and stupid, because those 70's and 80's will automaticaly become 80's and 90's.......God, don't enough people die on the road as it is?....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.