Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #7

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: #7

France!

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

what's with all the animosity against the French? I really don't understand it.

But in other matters. Yeah, I've been watching every stage. It was a very exciting race, but I kind of feel like it was over a week ago. Still, Armstrong did an amazing job. Too bad he's not racing for more championships.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    France!
    You're damn right on that one Ultra!

I bet that gets in their crawl knowing an American won their event 7 times, hahahahhaha!

Anyways...you guys had it all wrong, it's....

:brave: Fries!!

:lol:

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Another thread down the tube. :lol:

Greatest athlete ever? A feat that will never be topped! Way to go Mr. Armstrong.
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ColoradoVike" wrote:

But in other matters. Yeah, I've been watching every stage. It was a very exciting race, but I kind of feel like it was over a week ago. Still, Armstrong did an amazing job. Too bad he's not racing for more championships.
    Sorry to stray off Lance, but they hate Americans! We saved their jiggly butts a few times as I recall!

Good job Lance!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Man I thought this was a post about Michael Vick, I mean Ron Mexico. But at least I got to enjoy a little dialog sticking it to the French. And we all know you can never have enough of that.

Viva La America!!!!

And Oh by the way all those Frenchies can thank all of us rotten Americans for bailing thier sorry butts out. Other wise Lance would right now be the 7 time champion of "Die Fahrrad-Tour des Südwestens Deutschland" ("The Bicycle tour of Southwestern Germany" for those of you that dont know your German)

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Yay on being zealots for the media.

France really didn't hate America, until we blew some very little things out of proportion and started hating them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:

Sorry to stray off Lance, but they hate Americans! We saved their jiggly butts a few times as I recall!

And they saved ours - American Revolution, war of 1812 - plus that big iron lady in New York was a gift from the French. Beyond the whole "French are rude" stereotype (which might be accurate of Parisians, but that's like saying Texas represents the whole US), what have the French done exactly to merit all this animosity? The way some people act, it's as if France declared war on the US. :???:

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

I base mine mostly on personal experiences with the French that I have dealt with. I never had any media induced bias when I had my first of many encounters with a Frenchie (I was just a kid who had never heard of media bias).

And unlike most of them I do remember and appriciate that they helped us out in the Revolution. As such I give them the benefit of the doubt.

As recently as just two weeks ago I met a couple French dudes playing golf. I was very cordial and one of the two turned out to be about as nice of a French person as I have met in a while. I actually could stand being around him for the entire 4 hr round without wanting to blugeon him to death. As for his little buddy well he was more your prototypical Frenchie. You have French People (who are rare) and then you have Frenchies (unfortunately not rare enough).

I also deal with the French in business from time to time. You gotta admit though that the average French person you meet is pretty much an Ass. And besides its just so much fun to have a little fun with their limp wristed approach to everything. So just chill out all you hypersensitive folks. If the French dont like our messing with them they can send their army over here to kick our collective butts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast