6 scary technologies that haven't ended the world… yet

2012 hits the Movies today, appropriately, Friday the 13th, so one of my favorite geek sites has posted an article showing the six technologies which were supposed to herald the end of civilization.
    Here is the link

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/11/6-technologies-1.php which is easier to post than coping all those images to here........except for Number 3 on the list.
    This is just for Ned:

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 6 scary technologies that haven't ended the world… yet

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    2012 hits the Movies today, appropriately, Friday the 13th, so one of my favorite geek sites has posted an article showing the six technologies which were supposed to herald the end of civilization.
    Here is the link

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/11/6-technologies-1.php which is easier to post than coping all those images to here........except for Number 3 on the list.
    This is just for Ned:

LMAO,
    I love the pic Bkfldviking......I only wish I could raise um that big....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BONUS: Whatever they've got in Area 51
    Truth is, Area 51 is probably nowhere near as fascinating as we all give it credit for — and yet, it inspires awe in almost everyone and hysteria in some. It's representative of why some folks wear proverbial tin hats. Still, whatever it's hiding, it hasn't managed to ruin everything. No aliens flying forth to take over the world. No zombies spilling out of it. No spiderpigs. Well, yet.
    What really makes me laugh about this is that Area 51 does not, and never had, anything to do with aliens.
    It is a research facility that designs and tests experimental aircraft and weapons systems.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Truth is, Area 51 is probably nowhere near as fascinating as we all give it credit for — and yet, it inspires awe in almost everyone and hysteria in some. It's representative of why some folks wear proverbial tin hats. Still, whatever it's hiding, it hasn't managed to ruin everything. No aliens flying forth to take over the world. No zombies spilling out of it. No spiderpigs. Well, yet.
    What really makes me laugh about this is that Area 51 does not, and never had, anything to do with aliens.
    It is a research facility that designs and tests experimental aircraft and weapons systems.
    That is until they took that crashed UFO there and hid it under ground.....
    Yes, i do believe.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is until they took that crashed UFO there and hid it under ground.....
    Yes, i do believe.... ;D
    lol.

Well, considering that Project Blue Book was a REAL Air Force program whose purpose was to scientifically investigate UFOs, and it was stationed out of Wright-Patterson AFB in OH, my guess is that if a UFO really did crash in New Mexico, they would take it to OH instead of Nevada.

However, if an experimental aircraft crashed in New Mexico, it would make sense that that it was brought back to Groom Lake (Area 51).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    What aircraft and weapons systems are better to experiment on than the ones belonging to aliens?

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cardboard_box.jpg[/img]