Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    6-KINGS Guest

6-KINGS is a minority now.

Well my status in Texas has changed.
    I am a minority now.
    Looks like it is time for special treatment.
    Low interest rates, electric subsidies, cheaper healthcare, student loans, home loans, car loans. I can start my own minority company now, and get a % of govt contracts.

Yaep life is looking up my friends.
    NAAW is going to be born.
    National Association For The Advancement of White People will become a reality.

Sad thing is, there some people who will think this is racist, and in fact it is all the truth.
    It is time to turn the tables.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165395,00.html

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: 6-KINGS is a minority now.

Congrats 6-Kings! but I have to think that there's no need for NAAWP -- white folks already have it good. White males, on average, get the highest pay, the (legal) benefit of the doubt, and come from financially and socially stable familes. This means that they're in prime position to take advantage of opportunities for employment and education. Most CEOs are white guys, most politicians are white guys, the office of the president has always been held by a white guy. Until recently, most voting in the US was done by white folks only. Pretty much any position of power in the US is predominately held by white guys. What would a NAAWP do that hasn't already been done?

Affirmative action isn't about the numerical size of the group, it's about relative degrees of power that the group has or doesn't. AA, although not perfect and according to some it is very flawed, is an attempt at treating structural discrimination. With your call for AA benefits, I take it you've been a proponent of AA all along? So, If you're asking for AA treatment, please explain how white folks have been or are going to be discriminated against? If they're not, I don't see why there would be a rationale for AA or NAAWP.

I also don't understand your comment about "time to turn the tables." You mean to say that it's time that white guys earn 75% of what black guys earn? It's time for white women to earn 50% of what black guys earn?

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

It's weird to think that the majority of people in Texas are minorities, but the minority is the majority. In 4 states the majority is no longer the majority but they are still considered the majority.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Del Rio Guest

6-Kings I feel for you man.

I have watched people abuse the system my whole life. I have a friend of mine who is "legal," but refuses to work because he can live off of the state. The guy has 5 kids and he eats steak every night. He gets free medical for his whole family. While we pay for it and our own inflated health premiums because we do not qualify.

It's bullshit, no doubt about it. It's not regulated well enough and it is often abused. There will never be equality.

"Bdubya" wrote:
    It's weird to think that the majority of people in Texas are minorities, but the minority is the majority. In 4 states the majority is no longer the majority but they are still considered the majority.
    Uhhh... Translation?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

The football season cannot start soon enough for me. :roll:

Del Rio Guest

Grab you some pork rinds and kick back tonight to watch the Pack and Chargers go at it. That will help the pain.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    6-Kings I feel for you man.

I have watched people abuse the system my whole life. I have a friend of mine who is "legal," but refuses to work because he can live off of the state. The guy has 5 kids and he eats steak every night. He gets free medical for his whole family. While we pay for it and our own inflated health premiums because we do not qualify.

It's kaka del toro, no doubt about it. It's not regulated well enough and it is often abused. There will never be equality.
    you know, DR, that can be said of people from all different racial and ethnic groups. I don't see how that is a Mexican or Black or Jewish or Polish, etc. problem. Race, ethnicity, national origin does not determine whether someone is a free-rider.

Further more, the 1996 welfare reform law changed the eligibility for receiving social spending. Unless an individual is a citizen, you can't receive any welfare benefits. This is excepted for refugees, but the US only admits about 50k refugees a year. So, even people who are in the country legally or not, but not yet a citizen, have no basis to claim government benefits. Maybe your state made a different decision about that, but at the federal level, that's the policy.

Furthermore, unless white folks start having 5-6 person families, the US is going to need to rely on immigration to support the growing population of retirees.

Just a few more links to supplement what 6-Kings offered:

On the debate of whether Mexicans will assimilate:
    http://www.time.com/time/columnist/elliott/article/0,9565,608053,00.html
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4523759/

On the cultural changes presented by Mexican immigration to the US:
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_11/b3874001_mz001.htm

Census figures on national population changes:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/graphics/hispanics/flash.htm

zimtwister is offline Coach

you gotta fight-for your right-to parrrrrrrrrrrrrrty!!!!!!!!!!! del rio mentioned steak and i just lost all track. mmmmmmmmmm steak. me like steak.
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast