Thread: 500 preorders

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

500 preorders

my book is ready to take preorders via paypal. There are 500 copies available.
    If you wish for a copy or two, you will need to send me 15.00 per book on paypal- paypal name [email protected]

Name of the book is Evolution of the Fallen.

The reason why I am taking preorders is so that I can make cash back on money that I need to support my family.
    It took a lot of PRing and other things to get this done.

thanks for your support

Nephilim

Warning - there are only 500 copies available- this is the book before Regime Guard Series

If you wish to talk before ordering add me on yahoo mj_goodnow or msn [email protected]

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: 500 preorders

"Nephilim" wrote:
    my book is ready to take preorders via paypal. There are 500 copies available.
    If you wish for a copy or two, you will need to send me 15.00 per book on paypal- paypal name [email protected]

Name of the book is Evolution of the Fallen.

The reason why I am taking preorders is so that I can make cash back on money that I need to support my family.
    It took a lot of PRing and other things to get this done.

thanks for your support

Nephilim

Warning - there are only 500 copies available- this is the book before Regime Guard Series

If you wish to talk before ordering add me on yahoo mj_goodnow or msn [email protected]
    Is there a link to like a sample chapter?

i can send one

BO[size=10pt]OK ONE: THE FALLEN
    Chapter One:
    The large white van pulled up in front of what must have been an elegant, stately mansion on a quiet, tree-lined street. Michael came out of his light trance to notice that what he assumed was to become his new home had seen its better days. Its burgundy paint was peeling in places and its bright yellow trim had faded to a pale, sickly hue. Still, Michael was pleased. This old place would clearly be an improvement over his last place of residence.

He saw Marguerite, his caseworker, gathering some papers from the console in the front of the van. The driver of the van—someone Michael had never seen before—just sat there. Apparently he was just the driver of this rig. He probably shuttled around people like Michael and his kind every day and was already burned out by the monotony of his job.

Michael wrestled his large duffel bag out of the seat across the aisle from his. Containing most of his possessions, the military-style duffle bag was emblazoned with the initials GRTF stamped on both sides. Could they be more obvious about where he had just come from? Michael wondered if he would ever see the place again as he freed the bulky luggage from the cramped seat. While he (and everyone else in the area) knew the initials stood for “Glendale Regional Treatment Facility”, Michael knew there was hidden meaning behind the seemingly innocuous letters. He had figured it all out one snowy day when his doctor at GRTF was trying him out on a “drug holiday”—taking away his schizophrenic medications in order to start another one after the effects of the first had worn off.

Off his meds that week, Michael wrestled with the constant barrage of voices in his head and he felt compelled to find meaning in everything he saw. One day, while toweling off on a GRTF-stamped towel, he heard a voice whispering the secret meaning of the initials, after swearing him to secrecy about what they meant. “God Reviles The Fallen,” the voice had told him. “Think about it.”

Michael ruminated over those words, even after being placed on new medication to control his psychosis. Every once in awhile, he still heard the voice and was careful to hold onto both the secret and the fact that the voices still plagued him, although not as often as when he was off the medication. He had very quickly determined that, God or no God, the quickest way to assure a discharge from GRTF was to deny the presence of his voices, no matter what the voices told him or how often he heard them.

For the first time in a long time, Michael felt like he was rising out of the mire of the “Fallen” as he stepped out of the van beside Marguerite. The old house looked vacant and uninviting as they climbed the long, stepped pathway across the sprawling front lawn. Before they were halfway there, Michael heard the front door open and looked up to see a short, slightly plump middle-aged woman with a long, graying pony tail and clothes that made her look like Mother Earth herself smiling at him.

As they approached the front entrance to the mansion, the woman extended her right hand toward Michael, still smiling a warm, pleasant smile. “You must be Michael Stevenson,” the woman said. At six feet tall, the gangly teen towered nearly a foot over this woman, whose warmth and direct nature he already liked.

“I’m Beth,” said the woman. “I’m the resident advisor for this place. Sort of like a house mother. Welcome!” She glanced at his duffle bag. “Is this all you brought?”

Marguerite quickly explained to Beth that the rest of Michael’s belongings were in patient storage and would be delivered later. Collectively, the trio moved into the large foyer of the home. Michael dropped his heavy bag just inside the door and left it there, waiting for further instructions. He let Marguerite and Beth chatter for awhile in the foyer. They obviously knew each other fairly well.

“Let’s de-brief in the dining room,” Beth suggested, “and then I’ll show you your room and give you a little tour of the place.”

Michael and Marguerite were directed toward the dining room that contained only a large scratched table and a number of mismatched chairs. Michael wondered how many other teens lived here and if he knew any of them from GRTF. Marguerite pointed to one of the chairs and Michael slouched into it.

Beth had disappeared into a back room for a moment but now returned with a notebook, a folder with Michaels name on it and some blank forms to be filled out. Michael, who was already a veteran of the “psychiatric system” at age 18, knew that, for some, paperwork was all that mattered. Patients were just a small part of the paperwork shuffle so integrated within state hospital systems like GRTF.

Beth sat between Michael and Marguerite and addressed Michael first. “Normally, we de-brief with the new resident present, but if you’d feel more comfortable waiting in the living room or on the back porch, you’re more than welcome. I think some of the other residents are hanging out on the back porch right now”.

“No, that’s fine,” said Michael. He heard a familiar voice coming from somewhere, warning him to be polite. “This ain’t nothin’ I haven’t heard before.”

“Fine,” Beth smiled briefly. Michael could feel that the voice he’d heard was happy with him. The resident advisor then turned to Marguerite. “Tell me what you can about the fine, young man we have here.”

Michael pretended to zone out again but, in reality, he was taking in every word. He’d heard most of it before but he wanted to see if Marguerite was going to give him a clean slate at this new place or if she would pass on to Beth the gory details of his numerous psychotic breaks at GRTF.

“Michael just turned 18 last month; his commitment was extended through the adult courts. He was a ward of the state before that.” Marguerite scanned her paperwork, trying to refresh her memory. “He’s been with us for almost 15 months now. He has some distant relatives but his folks are both gone. Let’s see…oh…heâ€⠄¢s schizophrenic, non-paranoid for the most part…heavy hallucinations controlled on clozapine.”

[size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][size=10pt][/size][/size]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Good luck Kidney Muncher!
    Glad to see you're still rolling along.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain