Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

5 Year Old Boy Kills 445 Pound Bear

[size=13pt]5 Year Old Boy Kills 445 Pound Bear[/size]

xomba.com

In Arkansas, a 5 year old boy named Tre Merritt was out with his grandfather when a black bear came out from a thicket on the side of the road. The boy shot and killed the bear with his youth rifle.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Kills 445 Pound Bear

Video of the story..........

http://www.wfsb.com/video/14819944/index.html

[size=13pt]5 Year yungin shoots Bear[/size]

December 11, 2007

redneckrealitycheck.com

Ok, Now I aint no stranger to bear hunting, As a matter of fact, I have shot me a couple a bears. But I aint never thought I would see a 5 year old man kill a bear. Thats right, I called him a man. More of a man then some of these liberal Californian folks.....

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

I thought black bears were protected. It didnt seem like it was a threat to him.

Sounds like a story straight out of Green Bay.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

IMO, 5 years old is way to young to give a boy a gun & take him out in the woods hunting for big game. I love to hunt & think taking a kid out hunting is great, but 5 is too young. Especially deer hunting. The kid is only 5 & he's shot 3 deer?. How young was he when he shot his first?

Up here a kid has to take a hunters safety course before he's allowed into the woods with a gun. Even with that there is still a minimum age for big game. I think it's 14 unless they've changed the law recently.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

If my numbers are right that means AP can kill an 1,869 pound bear, probably by breaking it's ankles with a juke and it falling off a cliff.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    IMO, 5 years old is way to young to give a boy a gun & take him out in the woods hunting for big game. I love to hunt & think taking a kid out hunting is great, but 5 is too young. Especially deer hunting. The kid is only 5 & he's shot 3 deer?. How young was he when he shot his first?

Up here a kid has to take a hunters safety course before he's allowed into the woods with a gun. Even with that there is still a minimum age for big game. I think it's 14 unless they've changed the law recently.
    I don't think they have rules in Arkansas

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

This would have been a good story if he killed it with his bare hands. Otherwise it's easy.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Here's the rules from the Arkansas Division of Wildlife:
    A hunter born after 1968 must carry a valid hunter education card. Hunters under 16 are not required to have a card if they are under direct supervision of a licensed hunter 21 or older.
    In most states if you are hunting on your own land and you have a parent or guardian with you you don't need the hunter safety course and you can hunt at any age.

What's really funny is to read the comments on this anti-hunter page:
    http://www.care2.com/news/member/521930537/567945
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Here's the rules from the Arkansas Division of Wildlife:
    A hunter born after 1968 must carry a valid hunter education card. Hunters under 16 are not required to have a card if they are under direct supervision of a licensed hunter 21 or older.
    In most states if you are hunting on your own land and you have a parent or guardian with you you don't need the hunter safety course and you can hunt at any age.

What's really funny is to read the comments on this anti-hunter page:
    http://www.care2.com/news/member/521930537/567945

Um ok
    I am so disgusted, I like to take a shot gun and shot that guy in the crotch standing there in the photo!
    Stupid hippie

These people are actually congratulating this little murderer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast