Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The 4 newest members of the family..Still deciding on names

Goldfish are gone, on to bettas. We've downsized(economy?) to 2.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    Our boys are now 3.5 and 17 months. So, i figure it's time for their first pet. I'll be doing the work, but for now, it'll be us having them before they know what to do. Maybe later, when they know how to feed it and take it for a walk, we'll get a dog. We started with 5, but mourned the loss of one this morning. We had a proper burial at sea(toilet). Their all goldfish and look the same, so there's no point in naming them. Anyone else have fish, or other tank dwellers?

Ad a turtle and call them Dinner 1, Dinner 2, Dinner 3, and Dinner 4

;D
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Everything is gone. the last betta died. I put it on my wifes facebook, everything for $20 and sold it to a friend of hers an hour later. We are moving, so it was going to be tough for them/it to make the move anyway. I'm not really sure what happened. The water was chlorinated, the fish had food, the water was filtered and they still died. I'm just glad they were cheap, and we got something out of everything we had.

I do know one of the bettas(both female) upon further exam, was nipped on by the other. It's entirely possible that's what killed that was, but the nipped one was the only one left in the tank, so who knows. Eventually, like i've said before, we'll get a dog.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Everything is gone. the last betta died. I put it on my wifes facebook, everything for $20 and sold it to a friend of hers an hour later. We are moving, so it was going to be tough for them/it to make the move anyway. I'm not really sure what happened. The water was chlorinated, the fish had food, the water was filtered and they still died. I'm just glad they were cheap, and we got something out of everything we had.

I do know one of the bettas(both female) upon further exam, was nipped on by the other. It's entirely possible that's what killed that was, but the nipped one was the only one left in the tank, so who knows. Eventually, like i've said before, we'll get a dog.
    I didn't think you wanted Chlorine in your fish tank...maybe I'm wrong though.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Enough to kill bacteria, but little enough that the fish are unaffected... I assume, I've never owned more than a goldfish.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You should only keep on Beta in a tank.
    Those things will kill each other.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Enough to kill bacteria, but little enough that the fish are unaffected... I assume, I've never owned more than a goldfish.
    You need bacteria for the fish to survive. There are bad types that can harm the fish, but essential ones that convert the waste to prevent the fish from poisoning. Chlorine has no place in there at all.FYI.

If your water has chlorine in it, it is best to let it stand for a day so that it can evaporate out of the water before you add it to the tank. You can also buy dechlorinators but the first way is free.

There were 2 bettas in there, and they were chasing each other that's for sure.

There was no chlorine, i added a teaspoon of DECHLORINATOR that came with the tank, just like the package said to do. I miswrote when i said the water was chlorinated, i meant dechlorinated.

Naturally, with the attention span of my 2 children, they liked them, but don't miss them now. I feel bad, as they were bought to teach responsibility, and we limited that.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

There was no chlorine, i added a teaspoon of DECHLORINATOR that came with the tank, just like the package said to do. I miswrote when i said the water was chlorinated, i meant dechlorinated.

Naturally, with the attention span of my 2 children, they liked them, but don't miss them now. I feel bad, as they were bought to teach responsibility, and we limited that.
    We had a bird...Apparently they too need food and water.
    Tragic story really.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

We had a bird...Apparently they too need food and water.
    Tragic story really.
    no just sage and onion stuffing and some good basting juices..lol
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast