Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: 392 + 1 Days later, it finally happened ....

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Okay, lets put it this way...

What does this company do or make?
    Mortgage Company

What does the director you work under do?
    Vendor Management

Do they pump septic tanks, make shoes, womens underwear?
    ;D
    NO

Does the director drive the septic truck, break in the shoes, model the underwear?
    ;D
    No, She drives a Lexus SC 430 Convertible ... we went out to lunch in it during one of my interviews

Come on! Give us some idea!! You have the job, we won't steal it, I promise! ;D

Any more ?!?

;D
    Do you get all the free Chicken McNuggets you want with this job?
    ;D

J/K MN Jamie. You're still very vague about the job. What was it you did in your last employment?

What about the Bears game. Do you have your ticket all squared away for that one now?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats on the new job Jamie, I'm so happy for you!
    Glad you are still able to go to the game with us, I can't wait to meet you.
    Good luck with the new job, you will be great!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Okay, lets put it this way...

What does this company do or make?
    Mortgage Company

What does the director you work under do?
    Vendor Management

Do they pump septic tanks, make shoes, womens underwear?
    ;D
    NO

Does the director drive the septic truck, break in the shoes, model the underwear?
    ;D
    No, She drives a Lexus SC 430 Convertible ... we went out to lunch in it during one of my interviews

Come on! Give us some idea!! You have the job, we won't steal it, I promise! ;D

Any more ?!?

;D
    Do you get all the free Chicken McNuggets you want with this job?
    ;D

J/K MN Jamie. You're still very vague about the job. What was it you did in your last employment?

What about the Bears game. Do you have your ticket all squared away for that one now?
    All the McNuggets I can eat for the length of my employment with them ... Another of the many sticking points of the package that was negotiated.
    They initially offered, BigMac's , but I had to put my foot down for the McNuggets.

I'm not vague, it's just as I stated earlier in the thread ... It's not like a normal job offer I have ever had ... it's that the COO liked me and felt my wide array of business exposure would fit into a position they felt they had a need for.
    I was told by the Director of H.R. today that the Director of Vendor Mana. made the comment about me that, "He fits all the weakness's that I have and then some".
    So from what I have gathered, I will be negotiating large contracts with outside vendors they have, creating a method and corresponding database to evaluate vendors they have contracts with using my newly aquired Six Sigma knowledge, and the rest is up in the air till I get my hands dirty and find out what is all needed.
    Again, doing basically the duties that the Director does, but feels she isn't "fully" versed in.

It's an organization that is very aggressive, when it comes to growth and wants to go public within the next 4 yrs.
    It's a niche market within the mortgage industry that is kinda complicated to explain.

Bears game ... Webby has invited me to be his guest.
    At least that is the last I have heard and nothing different to that effect as of yet.
    So, till I hear differently, that's the plan as of now.
    Been trying to pin Caj down for his plans, as I will be in town Thursday evening and have NOTHING to do all day Friday and Saturday ... so, anyone who wants to make some plans with me, let me know.
    As I have stated before, I'm coming to Minny just for the game and winging the rest.
    Also, if at all possible, looking for a ride to the game and back too include any and all tailgating, as the woman will have the vehicle available to us up in Detroit Lakes.
    I will be staying in the Rosemount/Apple Valley area.

Six Sigma eh? Are you a green belt or black belt?

As far as the game, I plan on staying overnight on Saturday & maybe staying in that area. We'll get you hooked up with a ride, one way or another.

I just had a not-so-great expensive experience in Rosemount/Apple Valley last Friday that involved money changing hands, the police & terrorism, but that's another story.

"singersp" wrote:

As far as the game, I plan on staying overnight on Saturday & maybe staying in that area. We'll get you hooked up with a ride, one way or another.

I just had a not-so-great expensive experience in Rosemount/Apple Valley last Friday that involved money changing hands, the police & terrorism, but that's another story.
    Green Belt Certified, no practical on the job experience as of yet.

Yes, you do need to watch for the 5-0 in that area ... only ticket I have ever received was inbetween Rosemount/Apple Valley when we lived in Minny.
    Doing 38 mph in a 35 mph zone .... he was such an a$$hat.

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Yes, you do need to watch for the 5-0 in that area ... only ticket I have ever received was inbetween Rosemount/Apple Valley when we lived in Minny.

No, I did not get a ticket & I wasn't speeding. The cops were called because the security guard thought I might be up to a terroristic act. The cop was actually very polite.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

No, I did not get a ticket & I wasn't speeding. The cops were called because the security guard thought I might be up to a terroristic act. The cop was actually very polite.
    They put out an APB for Yanni???
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

They put out an APB for Yanni???
    LOL
    The "Stash" was on the prowl around yet again, another local Minny high school ....
    ;D

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Congrats jaimie !
    I know how my wife was after being out of for 3 months so can't imagine what it was like for you. Still fingers crossed that it works out well and lets you show why they took you on !
    Good luck !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123