Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 392 + 1 Days later, it finally happened ....

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Well folks,

My vacation finally ended today.
    For those who know, I have been gainfully out of work for awhile now.
    A little over 360 days of it by choice though, but it was finally time to get back out into the "real world" and finally today, the right offer came about and I formally accepted the position.

It's a great positon, terrific hours, and tons of flexibility.
    Basically in a nutshell:

1)
    This firm found me on one of the internet sites.
    2)
    Asked me in for an interview.
    3)
    Asked me back for a 2nd interview with the COO and 4 managers.
    4)
    The COO absolutely loved me (and it was embarassing when he gushed all over me in the interview) and they offered me the position.
    5)
    I countered thier offer, it was more than they wanted to spend for that position.
    6)
    They countered by creating a completely new position, with no job description and are allowing me to completely define the positon as myself and the Director of the Department see fit in this very young organization.
    7)
    They agreed to back up the Brinks truck to my front door and I agreed to let them in.

So, no more days of hanging at the beach with the puppy all day or going to the park to pass the time.
    Back to the grind.
    Hope ya'll won't miss me here on PP.O during the daylight hours!!

Oh by the way, Webby, Caj, WBL ...etc. ... We are still on for the Sept. 24th game, as part of the negotiation I told them I needed 9-21 -> 9-25 off .... Otherwise, NO DEAL !!!!

;D
    GOOD MAN!!!
    Way to stick to your guns!!!
    See you at the Chicago game!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

What are you going to be doing?
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"shockzilla" wrote:

That is seriously a good question Shock.

I asked numerous times, they just said I would be taking over a couple functions off the Directors desk.
    Ummmm, ok.
    I don't even have a title.
    They agreed to a formal salary view after 30 days and also to provide me with a detailed job description and title at that time.

I didn't argue.
    As of now, myself and the Director are the only two people in that "Division" of the company and they expressed numerous times that I would have a majority of the say-so of how the position is developed ... It's absolutely nutz !!
    But, it's a well established company that's been around for many years and I was also told that within the next calender year, there would be a total of 65 employee's reporting to the Director and myself.
    Hey, I'm just going with it !!!!!!!!

As I stated earlier, for some odd reason, the COO absolutely loved me after I met with him .... and everyone I spoke with after that day kept saying ... "The COO loved you and thinks your a perfect fit for this undefined position ... here's your salary."

;D

Okay, who am I to argue ????

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

I asked numerous times, they just said I would be taking over a couple functions off the Directors desk.
    Ummmm, ok.
    They agreed to a formal salary view after 30 days and also to provide me with a detailed job description and title at that time.

I didn't argue.
    As of now, myself and the Director are the only two people in that "Division" of the company and they expressed numerous times that I would have a majority of the say-so of how the position is developed ... It's absolutely nutz !!
    But, it's a well established company that's been around for many years and I was also told that within the next calender year, there would be a total of 65 employee's reporting to the Director and myself.

As I stated earlier, for some odd reason, the COO absolutely loved me after I met with him .... and everyone I spoke with after that day kept saying ... "The COO loved you and thinks your a perfect fit for this undefined position ... here's your salary."

;D

DON'T argue with them, jamie...my wife has had MANY of the same sort of situations that you find yourself in...just go with it.
    Obviously, they recognized you superior talents and they wanted to insure that they (and not their competition) got to utilize those talents for their company's benefit.
    It's a golden opportunity, so take the ball and run with it (like our offense will do once the regular season starts)!!!
    Step in and DOMINATE (like our DEFENSE will do in every game this season) and you will do just fine!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:

Ummmm, ok.

I didn't argue.

;D

DON'T argue with them, jamie...my wife has had MANY of the same sort of situations that you find yourself in...just go with it.
    Obviously, they recognized you superior talents and they wanted to insure that they (and not their competition) got to utilize those talents for their company's benefit.
    It's a golden opportunity, so take the ball and run with it (like our offense will do once the regular season starts)!!!
    Step in and DOMINATE (like our DEFENSE will do in every game this season) and you will do just fine!!!

I'm just amazed that the offer came my way.
    I have had tons of interviews over the last 2-3 weeks and many were for positions that were less than appealing.
    But at the same time, never a call back?!?
    Then this comes along and they are gushing about me !!!
    It's the game I know, but it is a little surprising and no, I'm not going to argue with them.
    I realize it's an absolutely great opportunity and gonna take full advantage of it.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Okay, lets put it this way...

What does this company do or make?

What does the director you work under do?

Do they pump septic tanks, make shoes, womens underwear?
    ;D

Does the director drive the septic truck, break in the shoes, model the underwear?
    ;D

Come on! Give us some idea!! You have the job, we won't steal it, I promise! ;D
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Mortgage Company

Vendor Management

;D
    NO

Does the director drive the septic truck, break in the shoes, model the underwear?
    ;D
    No, She drives a Lexus SC 430 Convertible ... we went out to lunch in it during one of my interviews

Any more ?!?

;D

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

MN Jamie that is great news and I hope that it turns out even better than it sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

Mortgage Company

Vendor Management

;D
    NO

;D
    No, She drives a Lexus SC 430 Convertible ... we went out to lunch in it during one of my interviews

Any more ?!?

;D
    That's better!!
    ;D Can you get me a good rate on re-doing my mortgage?
    ;D
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to read your excited about your new job, thats half the battle right there, being happy with what you do..

I wish you the best of luck mnjamie, in your new adventure....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast