Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

HEY wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    most of these athletes are around each other and spend so much time with each other that there really isn't that hated competitive kindof thing going on
    There doesn't seem to be much drama and intrigues between the athletes, but there are some important exceptions. The biggest one is probably the rivalry between the Swedes and the Norwegians. Especially in cross country skiing where the Norwegian best skier, Petter Northug ("North Thug") Jr. is like Ocho Cinco is to skiing, or Mayweather Jr. is to boxing. He loves to trash talk the Swedes.

He got bronze in the sprint to days ago, but he said that beating Sweden's best sprinter was better than gold.
    I must have been watching curling or hockey when the cross country stuff was on cause I missed all that.

Only trash talking I've seen is between those to mens figure skaters. Sequins vs Feathers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

It think the events has been very nice so far, but there has been a handful of big mistakes by the officials.

For instance, what the hell is up with those graphics they use in the winter Olympics this year? There always seem to be something wrong with the time. I heard that Spain produced the graphics for Canada so I don't know who's responsible for the problem, but it needs to be fixed.

That's not the only technical problems they've had. During the opening ceremony, four pillars were supposed to rise from the ground, but one of the pillars failed. As a result, one of the retired Canadian winter sport stars didn't get to light her pillar.

Also, Canadian officials both started and held back some of the skiers too early during the biathlon. That could have been the difference between gold medal or no medals at all.

The biggest error was the death of a 21 year old sledder. They are responsible to make sure that everything is safe.

Sorry for all the complains, I just feel that I have to get it of my chest since nobody seems to notice.

HEY wrote:
    It think the events has been very nice so far, but there has been a handful of big mistakes by the officials.

For instance, what the hell is up with those graphics they use in the winter Olympics this year? There always seem to be something wrong with the time. I heard that Spain produced the graphics for Canada so I don't know who's responsible for the problem, but it needs to be fixed.

That's not the only technical problems they've had. During the opening ceremony, four pillars were supposed to rise from the ground, but one of the pillars failed. As a result, one of the retired Canadian winter sport stars didn't get to light her pillar.

Also, Canadian officials both started and held back some of the skiers too early during the biathlon. That could have been the difference between gold medal or no medals at all.

The biggest error was the death of a 21 year old sledder. They are responsible to make sure that everything is safe.

Sorry for all the complains, I just feel that I have to get it of my chest since nobody seems to notice.
    Complain away. As BLV said, its the offseason.

I am not that big on figure skating but do watch with Wildwoman.......Seems to me that there sure has been alot of falls this year.

Bad ice maybe? To hard of tricks? Poor skating? Nerves?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:

I am not that big on figure skating but do watch with Wildwoman.......Seems to me that there sure has been alot of falls this year.

blame canadia

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:

blame canadia
    Can't do that. I would piss off my "Jersey" source.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    HEY wrote:

blame canadia
    Can't do that. I would piss off my "Jersey" source.

I think I'll just blame this gu....person's parents

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

It has not been the perfect Olympics, but I would like you to try and organize multiple venues with over 2600 athletes and coaches. And then all of the fans, officials, weather, etc.

The Olympics have been awesome so far and I have nothing to complain about. Every even has been great to watch.

As for the success/fail, I agree. A 10th place for a Canadian in the biathlon is a great success. It would be cool to see more of a rivalry between athletes, but really, that is not what the Olympics are about. They are about the world coming together to compete against each other in a friendly and competitive atmosphere.
    We're bringing purple back.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Woo Ho Britain wins gold in the womens skeleton bob. :laugh:

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Lago heads home early after risque pictures on Web

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/snowboard/news?slug=ap-sbd-lago-picture&prov=ap&type=lgns

Erinnn is offline Starter

Marrdro wrote:

Only trash talking I've seen is between those to mens figure skaters. Sequins vs Feathers.
    :laugh: I know it's sexist and they are great athletes, but I have a hard time taking men's figure skating seriously. Normally a guy crying is kind of hot, but not when he's wearing a black lace onesie with sequins and gloves (the french guy who fell twice during his routine).

I love the Olympics; my DVR has been working overtime the past week. Although I'll readily admit I couldn't tell you what is going on in these sports (except hockey) at any other point in the year. Maybe I'll start watching Universal Sports' coverage of some of them. I love the short track relays, they're intense.

My area has been doing good, 2 gold medals for Chicagoland so far.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast