Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

Everyone loves the Olympics. These winter games are in my country, so it will be a very special event here in Canada.

The opening ceremonies were last night and they were amazing. Events kick off today. First gold went to the Swiss.
    Hopefully, Canada can win the whole games with the most golds and most medals.

You can follow along with the games at these sites.

Canadian site: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/
    American site: http://www.nbcolympics.com/
    We're bringing purple back.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver

gregair13 wrote:
    Hopefully, Canada can win the whole games with the most golds and most medals.
    Normally, if the Olympics were held in another country, I would laugh about that. Not that Canada is bad, but they have never been close to being the best nation in the winter Olympics. Canada usually make up the bottom part of the top 5 nations, but history shows that the hosting nation usually performs better. So realistically speaking, I won't be surprised if Canada finish at third place (which is really good for Canada) and I actually believe that they have a decent shot at the second of even first place. Just look at last year's summer Olympics. China dominated everybody.

This is my prediction for the Olympic Games in Vancouver:
    1. Norway 12 Gold - 28 Total
    2. Germany 11 Gold - 31 Total
    3. Canada 9 Gold - 26 Total
    4. USA 8 Gold - 30 Total
    5. Russia 6 Gold - 24 Total

Honorable mention:
    Sweden

Germany and Norway are usually the strongest, while USA, Russia and Canada usually take the next places.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Watching some of the USA ladies hockey team. 10 goals......Running it up a bit are they?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Watching some of the USA ladies hockey team. 10 goals......Running it up a bit are they?
    From what I understand, tie breakers come down to total goals scored.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    The Canadian women's hockey team set an Olympic record Saturday night, welcoming Slovakia to its first Winter Games tournament with an 18-0 demolition at Hockey Place. Before you shed a tear for the Slovaks, keep in mind they're the nation that defeated Bulgaria by the score of 82-0 in an infamous game in 2008.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Canada-sets-record-18-0-as-women-s-hockey-face;_ylt=AohzA.2uxS90anzyLDs2uKAyNbgF?urn=oly,219 527

Canada gets their first gold of the events in men's moguls! Alexandre Bilodeau makes history for us. Just one of many on the way baby. wooohooo

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I love the Olympics! I've watched almost every single event so far and plan on watching all of it if possible. The short track speed skating was intense! I was so happy for Cheski and Ohno. Also the women's moguls was awesome. But seriously, I can't believe the U.S.A. finally won a medal in the Nordic Combine!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Flat, Unending Landscape Still Makes Veteran Cross-Country Skier Nervous Before Race
    osports.com
    February 15, 2010 | Issue 46•06 |

VANCOUVER—Though he has competed in hundreds of sanctioned events and two prior Winter Olympics, veteran cross-country skier Kris Freeman admitted to reporters Friday that the foreboding sight of an unfathomably flat and endless landscape still causes him apprehension before each race. "I've done this thousand of times before, but when I'm in that starting gate, and I see the featureless snow-covered tableau of the course ahead of me, it just scares me to death," Freeman said. "I'll be shaking from the monotony, but once that first rush of boredom kicks in the fear just disappears." Freeman added that he was equally terrified every time he crossed the finish line, claiming that he's never been comfortable with the lack of lights, television cameras, family, and fans who never shout his name or ask for autographs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

A Silver medal this afternoon in Snowboardcross in just an amazing final race. Wetcott (USA) just inched out Mike Robertson for the gold right near the end of the race. If you have not seen the replay of this event, find it and enjoy.

500m Short Track on now. Half way throw opening race. Canada sits at #2, USA top is at 5.

Maelle Ricker, the next Canadian with gold. This time in snowboardcross!!!!!!!!!!

The medal hopefully for USA, Lindsay, fell twice.

OOOOO CAANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast