Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

2008 Beijing World Olympics

At a time when the USA is split between Obama, McCain, between offshore drilling and alternative energy. When the world is split by religion, denomination, language and war, we come together as one country and one world for 17 days. We celebrate diversity and peace when there seems to be no peace nor acceptance of diversity in the world. Countries as large as the United States and China to countries as small as croatia and Uzbekistan, no one country or person is guaranteed a victory. Stories touch our hearts, legends are born, and another Olympiad will come to a close on August 24th of 2008.

I am a huge Olympic fan. Just wondering who else is watching. What is your favorite event or favorite athlete? Are you pulling for a country other then the U.S.A.?

I pull for the U.S.A. but I also love watching the athletes from the smallest countries win their countries first medal ever or just in an event. Michael Phelps would have to be my favorite athlete and the Swimming, Beach Volleyball, and the Track and Field events are my favorite.

So how bout you?

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: 2008 Beijing World Olympics

I dont watch the olympics much....but the wife loves them.

It seems gymnastics is always on, and I really don't care for that sport

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    At a time when the USA is split between Obama, McCain, between offshore drilling and alternative energy. When the world is split by religion, denomination, language and war, we come together as one country and one world for 17 days. We celebrate diversity and peace when there seems to be no peace nor acceptance of diversity in the world. Countries as large as the United States and China to countries as small as croatia and Uzbekistan, no one country or person is guaranteed a victory. Stories touch our hearts, legends are born, and another Olympiad will come to a close on August 24th of 2008.

I am a huge Olympic fan. Just wondering who else is watching. What is your favorite event or favorite athlete? Are you pulling for a country other then the U.S.A.?

I pull for the U.S.A. but I also love watching the athletes from the smallest countries win their countries first medal ever or just in an event.
    Michael Phelps would have to be my favorite athlete and the Swimming, Beach Volleyball, and the Track and Field events are my favorite.

So how bout you?
    With you there 100%.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

haha same with you all. I love seeing the sole athlete from a country win a medal

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

if we could only stop chinese people from wielding knives..first a grey hound bus in canada, now a highly respected man and woman from minnesota..whats with this random hate towards us as north americans?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

if we could only stop chinese people from wielding knives..first a grey hound bus in canada, now a highly respected man and woman from minnesota..wha ts with this random hate towards us as north americans?
    I know right!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

In a couple of minutes the Americans play the Dutch in Soccer.
    We are not winning, we lost our best striker ( he also was a dispensation player ) plus we played horrible first game where all of our players were very tired and exhausted. I'd be surprised if we win but then again, it's in our blood.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I always watch it to some extent, and to me it's also fun to watch disciplines that I otherwise never sees anywhere or even cares about.

Obviously I'll be watching for the Danes that are there, we hope to get around 5-7 medals in all.

I'll probably watch the rowing even more closely this time, as I have started to row myself. Besides that and the disciplines with Danish participation, I'll just take what I find interesting along the way.

Right now I'm looking at our handball team against Egypt. They are reigning European Champs, so we have high hopes for them. There are at least a handful of very top notch squads though.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

The US - China BB game is starting now, i'm watching that. I'm very pleased with our government tv station, they put all sports live online only a delay of half a minute.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

PHELPS. by gawd.

also, go Canada. I hope our women's soccer team can get a medal.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast