Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2006 MLB Season

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Some baseball

I didnt even click on the link but I know you're talkin about Ortiz. He was NOT the same player when the Twins had him. I'm pissed he's gone too, but I understand. If we didn't let him go that year, he would have been gone once he hit superstar status. Remember the Twins don't have the sox's payroll.

sirweeze is offline Starter

Re: 2006 MLB Season

"sirweeze" wrote:
    Ortiz was hurt all the time with the Twins. He went into a perfect situation for him, in Boston. Loaded lineup, hitter's ballpark, etc etc.

His clutch hitting is incredible, however. THAT'S what the Twins could use the most.
    from the moved thread, it didn't get moved for some reason.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

twins in 3rd? how do you figure they probably have one the best pitching staffs in baseball and they have some guys who can actually hit now.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

No way the A's finish ahead of the Angels. I got tickets to tonight's game in Anaheim to see the Halo's kick the dog sh!t out of the hated Dodgers !!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"tjohnson" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Man I wonder if ATL will every give back the divison title. How many in a row is that now like 15 or something?
    Yeah this years gonna be tough though. If Pedro and Wagner can stay healthy I say the Mets pull it out this year. That offense is stacked.

Dude tjohnson.. You are just like all those other critics.. The Mets, Phillies, and the Nats have all tried to beef up their teams in order to dethrone the Champs. Look at the team the Mets put together last season. My Braves had 18 different rookies start last season, and they still took it.

I don't care who the other teams add to their mix, the Braves lose the division crown, when they want to. There is not a better manager in baseball then Bobby Cox. He demands respect of his players, and he gets just that. He knows how to put a winning team on that field, so what makes anyone think this year will be different? They have been winning division titles since I was 13 years old. They are not stopping now. Each year all these so called baseball experts predict the Braves lose the crown, and every year they eat crow. 15 straigt, that is what it will be in October..

purplepride818 is offline Starter

the boston dodgers and white sox in the world series. dodgers in 6

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    Man I wonder if ATL will every give back the divison title. How many in a row is that now like 15 or something?
    Yeah this years gonna be tough though. If Pedro and Wagner can stay healthy I say the Mets pull it out this year. That offense is stacked.

Dude tjohnson.. You are just like all those other critics.. The Mets, Phillies, and the Nats have all tried to beef up their teams in order to dethrone the Champs. Look at the team the Mets put together last season. My Braves had 18 different rookies start last season, and they still took it.

I don't care who the other teams add to their mix, the Braves lose the division crown, when they want to. There is not a better manager in baseball then Bobby Cox. He demands respect of his players, and he gets just that. He knows how to put a winning team on that field, so what makes anyone think this year will be different? They have been winning division titles since I was 13 years old. They are not stopping now. Each year all these so called baseball experts predict the Braves lose the crown, and every year they eat crow. 15 straigt, that is what it will be in October..
    All I'm saying is watch out for New York.

I love the Braves. They've been a model of consistency for years in MLB. Schuerholtz and Cox, along w/ A. Jones, C. Jones, Giles, Smoltz etc have been awesome. I love Francouer. I think Renteria is gonna have a huge year in a place where there is less scrutiny than there was in Boston. I'm not critical of the Braves at all, all I said was watch out for the Mets. They have an unbelievable lineup, and (when healthy) The Best Pitcher in Baseball. The Braves are my second favorite team, but I know the Mets will be tough too, that's all. It'll be a fun year!

How do ya like them apples?!

vikes4lyfe is offline Starter

LETS GO LA DODGERSSSSSSSSSS

My Predictions

AL EAST
    NYY
    Bos
    Tor
    Balt
    TB

AL CENTRAL
    Chi
    Cle
    Min
    Det
    KC

AL WEST
    Oak
    Tex
    LA
    Sea

NL EAST
    NYM
    Atl
    Phi
    Fla
    Was

NL Central
    StL
    Mil
    Hou
    Pit
    Chi
    Cin

NL WEST
    LA
    SF
    SD
    Ari
    Col

AL WC: BOS
    NL WC: Atl

PLAYOFFS

Bos over Oak
    Chi over NYY
    Bos over Chi

NYM over Atl
    StL over SD
    NYM over StL

NYM over Bos

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez
    AL Cy Young: Rich Harden

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
    NY Cy Young: Pedro Martinez

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

This makes me very happy as a Red Sox/Ortiz fan!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/04/10/boston_slugger_agrees_to_four_year_contract_extens ion/

:notworthy: .............Ortiz................ :notworthy:

How do ya like them apples?!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345