Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Draft

2005 Draft

What position do we draft first...and what player? I dont know too much about college football so i want to hear what you guys have to say.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: 2005 Draft

"ADubya26" wrote:
    What position do we draft first...and what player? I dont know too much about college football so i want to hear what you guys have to say.

I would love for us to get a stud safety next year, but it doesn't look to promising in the up coming draft for safety prospects. Maybe we can get a good one in FA.

CB is a strong area of the 2005 draft, and hopefully we will snatch one of them in the 1st round. Antrell rolle is the best CB prospect, but he will be a top 5 pick. There is also marlon jackson from michigan, carlos rogers from auburn(won the award for best CB in college this year), justin miller from clemson, corey webster from LSU, and jimmy williams(who will probably be converted to a safety in the NFL) from virginia tech. I would love to see us get one of these guys.

Marlon jackson is a guy I like. He might be there towards the middle to end of the 1st round and has good size at 6-1. We need a bigger CB, with williams and winfield being smaller guys.

We will also probably be looking at DT again this offseason, with hovan being gone, unless tice is satisfied with spencer johnson, which I doubt. We need a bigger run stuffing NT of a guy, so some guys might be naloti ngata from oregon. He is 6-5 345 and would fit nicely in the middle of our D. He is however a sophmore, so we don't know forsure if he will enter the draft. Another guy is rodrigue wright from texas. He is 6-5 325 lbs and is another big DT that we need. There are a few smaller DT's in this draft that are pretty good, but we need a bigger guy IMO to stop the run.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

I would love for us to get a stud safety next year, but it doesn't look to promising in the up coming draft for safety prospects. Maybe we can get a good one in FA.

CB is a strong area of the 2005 draft, and hopefully we will snatch one of them in the 1st round. Antrell rolle is the best CB prospect, but he will be a top 5 pick. There is also marlon jackson from michigan, carlos rogers from auburn(won the award for best CB in college this year), justin miller from clemson, corey webster from LSU, and jimmy williams(who will probably be converted to a safety in the NFL) from virginia tech. I would love to see us get one of these guys.

Marlon jackson is a guy I like. He might be there towards the middle to end of the 1st round and has good size at 6-1. We need a bigger CB, with williams and winfield being smaller guys.

We will also probably be looking at DT again this offseason, with hovan being gone, unless tice is satisfied with spencer johnson, which I doubt. We need a bigger run stuffing NT of a guy, so some guys might be naloti ngata from oregon. He is 6-5 345 and would fit nicely in the middle of our D. He is however a sophmore, so we don't know forsure if he will enter the draft. Another guy is rodrigue wright from texas. He is 6-5 325 lbs and is another big DT that we need. There are a few smaller DT's in this draft that are pretty good, but we need a bigger guy IMO to stop the run.

Also a guy I absolutely love is darren sproles, a RB from kansas state. He had a huge year last year and has struggled this year, due to a bad O-line in K state and a young inexperienced QB. He is only 5-7 185, which is barry sanders like, but he also has moves that I haven't seen since barry. He is a great receiving back as well as a good return guy on special teams. We will most likely get rid of bennett in the offseason, so why not get another good young RB. His stock has dropped some, so he will more than likely be a steal.

One safety we could get that I would love, is ernest shazor from michigan. He is a huge hitting safety, something we need on our D. He is a big guy and there is some talk that he could be convcerted into a linebacker. He is however an underclassman. It looks like he will come out though, after a great year this year.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

2005 Draft

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2005/prospects/ronnie_brown.html

Brown could also be a worthy pickup.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Being that there are four games left, and the Vikes are in the hunt for the playoffs, the position they select in is completely up in the air.

That said, speculating that we draft somewhere in the middle 20's, I say jump on Nugent, Kicker from "Thee" Ohio State University. For years, we have lacked at that position. With Nugent, he would immediately upgrade our entire special teams unit. That is an impact player.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

2005 Draft

i dont think we will pick up Brown, or any running back for that matter...we already have too many. The only things that we should draft on offense is line and maybe another receiver depending on whats available. As far as Nugent goes, I actually would love to get a solid kicker...every good team has one, and we need to also. He could get some coaching from old Mort as well.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

2005 Draft

All i can say for us right now is we better pick up abraham elimimian, a cb for hawaii, and a good shut down cb like winfield. We should probably get him 3rd or 4th.
    Next we can grab wideout chad owens, another hawaii player who is just flat out amazing as a receiver and a punt returner. Hes a very dangerous punt returner by the way. Had four this season. He should be a 4th or 5th.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

2005 Draft

All i can say for us right now is we better pick up abraham elimimian, a cb for hawaii, and a good shut down cb like winfield. We should probably get him 3rd or 4th.
    Next we can grab wideout chad owens, another hawaii player who is just flat out amazing as a receiver and a punt returner. Hes a very dangerous punt returner by the way. Had four this season. He should be a 4th or 5th.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

2005 Draft

there are some very good d players out there to get. all the cb's mentioned, patterson from usc, tommy pollack form ga....how about one of these guys? and then if mike nugent is there for us in the 2nd round the vikes should grab him. highly doubtful though that he would remain on the board. we have a great need for O-lineman too. so what do you do if you were the coach?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast