Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With 2 boys, we had to get this out of their reach

We have 2 boys. Although one only scoots on his back, the other more then makes up for it in the amount of trouble he causes. Well, we had to get an lcd tv to use while i wait for the cash for a bulb for the big screen. Finally decided to bite the bullet and get a wall mount. We rent, and will be moving in the next few months. Not wanting to put more holes in the wall, i decided to mount it here, on our bookcase. We are trying to conserve the bulb life on our next one. This also lets one watch tv while the other is online. We are going to get a dual vga cable, so we can use the big screen while the other one isn't home. Although 19" isn't too bad, it's too small, even if we're used to a 56" screen.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/005.JPG[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/006.JPG[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/004.JPG[/img]
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

Re: With 2 boys, we had to get this out of ther reach

Bulbs must be expensive if buying a new LCD was cheaper.
    What kind of TV needs the bulb?

Re: With 2 boys, we had to get this out of their reach

At the time, i hadn't researched very well and we were looking at a bulb for $123. I've since found them alot cheaper. We bought the lcd because our big
    screen was also our monitor, and we couldn't be w/out the computer for even the few days it would take to get the bulb shipped. We've been really trying to get the money for the bulb, and i think i'll finally be able to get it this week.

We are a 1 income household, i stay home with our boys,

It's a samsung 56" DLP HDTV.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

I was just curious because eventually I'll get a bigger screen for the living room and that's the kind of thing they may not mention when you buy the set.
    I do have an LCD in the bedroom though which I really like, although I can't see the PP.O on it, that looks pretty sharp in your pic.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    It's a samsung 56" DLP HDTV.
    I have a Samsung 52" DLP rear-projection - sounds like you have the same thing, only a tad bigger.
    How long have you had it?
    Mine is down in the basement, so I don't actually watch it all that much.
    I bought it for football.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

We bought it Feb. '06. My wife(then gf) and i were already together, amd i was just about to propose.
    We already had ryan, and it was a very emotional time. I spent about $3k on the tv, stand, surround sound, dvd, power strip and performance service plans. We have no basement, and once ryan got here, we decided to get rid of our computer desk/chair and go to a wireless keyboard/mouse for the extra room. I love my DLP, but i plan to go to at least a 50" Plasma around tax time, maybe even a 58". . Now that we have a 2nd child, and he's very active, i needed to get it out of their reach.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Well, i found a bulb for $50, and i pick it up tomorrow. The plan, is to use the lcd as the monitor, and the tv as just the tv, thus extending the life of the bulb. I am setting it up as a dual monitor, so if one person is home, they can still use the big screen as a monitor. Also, if one wants to be online, the other can watch tv, watch a movie, game system or whatever. My wife doesn't want the lcd in the bedroom(where she watches her 'girly' stuff) like wife swap, beverly hills 90210, soaps etc. off the dvr. Doesn't make sense to have HD in there anyway, we have directv, and just a dvr in the bedroom right now. If we don't have to pay another $9.99 for HD access on that tv too, maybe we will get it in there eventually.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I see PPO on the LCD.

I do that all the time with my new Samsung 24" LCD.

1080p HD movies from my laptop to the screen through HDMI, no need to spring for a Blu Ray player

Future plans are to replace the dvd drive with a blu ray. Even the expensive computer blu rays are cheaper then the cheapest NEW stand alone BR player. Of course, that also means giving up the portable part of a stand alone. Then i could still go dual monitor, but switch to a DVI connection if i want to get a video card with a dual monitor setup. But, one step at a time for now. The other stuff may come around tax time, but i'll be pushing for at least a used, and hopefully 58" Plasma. ;D
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

I got my bulb yesterday. The screen is nice and bright again, but unfortunately the dark box on the left is still there. It's not as dark as it was, but i do think it's a little wider then before. I have to adjust the pc screen as well.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/002.JPG[/img]
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast