Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Week 8: Two words: Beer bus. You’re on the eighth week of what would be the NFL season, and you’re one step away from taking up crocheting. Celebrate the night before Halloween by having some Buds with some buds.
    Week 17: Go ice fishing. If you catch your dinner, great. If not, at least you can have a few beers on the lake to ring in the New Year.
    NFL: 17 Things for Minnesota Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockout

    I think Ole Marrdro and Wildwoman will get alot of fishing done on Sundays if we don't have any football.

    Might even catch a few UFL Destroyers, Hampton, VT and UVA games. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    TGFIF (Thank God For Ice Fishing)

    Ice fishing season starts end of November and runs into April. That will pass a lot of the regular football season, playoffs, and discussions of whether there will be a 2012 season. Bring on the Fall 2011 ice!

  3. #3
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Week 13: On Dec. 4, get some Christmas shopping done and go to the Holidazzle Parade at night.
    That sounds about right, maybe a good excuse to take in a Wild game whilst in town :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #4
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1091539
    TGFIF (Thank God For Ice Fishing)

    Ice fishing season starts end of November and runs into April. That will pass a lot of the regular football season, playoffs, and discussions of whether there will be a 2012 season. Bring on the Fall 2011 ice!
    Right there with you on that.

    I have made it a commitment to try some river ice fishing next year.

  5. #5
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    week 1 - renaissance fair - No

    week 2 - double date with charlie scheen - wtf, how do they know he will still be alive by then? And No

    week 3 - muskie fishing - finally something that's worth doing. I would still rather watch the vikings.

    week 4 - apple picking - my grandma will be amped about the lockout. No just no..

    week 5 - Zoo - Can we please have some football?

    week 6 - The Mall - After finally deciding to leave the house due to withdrawal I go to the mall. There I have a mental breakdown walking past the viking paraphernalia at a sporting goods store.

    week 7 - Gopher Football - **shudders**

    week 8 - Beer Bus - As a coping method this will have to happen well before week 7

    week 9 - Exile Prince - This list is actually looking up

    week 10 - Wolves Game - **pukes**

    week 11 - Hunting - screw week 11 I'm hunting every that Sunday I can, if there's no football of course.

    week 12 - Bed in - This should logically happen after the mental breakdown in week 6

    week 13 - Christmas Shop and Parade - No, nobody shops that early, and parades are fun for people under 6 and over 60.

    week 14 - Start writing a book on the Chiller - Fire Childress thread, and print. Done.

    week 15 - Vacation - Done, still enraged about the lack of NFL football.

    week 16 - Letter to the league - more like a giant crate with me and steven segal inside, ready to take down an army with our fists.

    week 17 - Ice Fishing - at this point might as well we just give in and ice fish, full of legal dispute related rage and booze.


    There had better be some agreement before all this nonsense has to happen.

  6. #6
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091618
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1091539
    TGFIF (Thank God For Ice Fishing)

    Ice fishing season starts end of November and runs into April. That will pass a lot of the regular football season, playoffs, and discussions of whether there will be a 2012 season. Bring on the Fall 2011 ice!
    Right there with you on that.

    I have made it a commitment to try some river ice fishing next year.
    I tried the St. Croix out of Bayport this year and managed a Sauger, but yeah...I'd like to venture out on some smaller rivers. It was weird seeing my jig from the hole 4' away showing up perfectly on my flasher, and my jig in the hole the flasher was in barely showing up. Definitely not used to a current while ice fishing.

    I'm fully prepared for there not to be a 2011 season and frankly I don't even care that much. Between the Vikings playing like crap in 2010, not looking to improve much for 2011, the Packtards winning a Super Bowl, and the whole lockout thing, I'm just disgusted with the NFL right now. I'm really going to try fishing a lot more both open water and ice to fill that void.

  7. #7
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1091711
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091618
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1091539
    TGFIF (Thank God For Ice Fishing)

    Ice fishing season starts end of November and runs into April. That will pass a lot of the regular football season, playoffs, and discussions of whether there will be a 2012 season. Bring on the Fall 2011 ice!
    Right there with you on that.

    I have made it a commitment to try some river ice fishing next year.
    I tried the St. Croix out of Bayport this year and managed a Sauger, but yeah...I'd like to venture out on some smaller rivers. It was weird seeing my jig from the hole 4' away showing up perfectly on my flasher, and my jig in the hole the flasher was in barely showing up. Definitely not used to a current while ice fishing.

    I'm fully prepared for there not to be a 2011 season and frankly I don't even care that much. Between the Vikings playing like crap in 2010, not looking to improve much for 2011, the Packtards winning a Super Bowl, and the whole lockout thing, I'm just disgusted with the NFL right now. I'm really going to try fishing a lot more both open water and ice to fill that void.
    I am going to try and hit the Watonwan river by Madelia and the Blue Earth between New Ulm and Mankato. The Prairie Pothole lakes around here get cleaned out and over crowded but the rivers are much less crowded and hold some really nice fish.

  8. #8
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,679

    Re: 17 Things for Vikings Fans to Do in Case of Lockou

    Week 2: Enjoy a crisp fall morning by booking a foursome at Hazeltine with Charlie Sheen and two of his girls. Winning! You’ll have to explain to Charlie that Hazeltine is the golf course and Hazelden is the treatment center. Tiger blood optional. You’re looking at Sept. 18.


    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Similar Threads

  1. The Minnesota Vikings Test Case
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 06:43 AM
  2. Pat Williams makes case for Vikings' defensive MVP
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 03:46 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 05:23 PM
  4. Five things Vikings fans won't see in 2006
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
  5. Vikings state case for continuity
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 03:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •