Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "baumy300" wrote:
    Hundreds of kids drop out of school each week. No one seems to get all bent out of shape then. Usually they drop out to join gangs, sell smack, steal shit, etc... No one cares then, but when some kid (yes it probably isn't the best idea, but still) drops out to pursue something somewhat positive that could translate into honest cash, people are all over his nuts.

    Not a huge deal. If he wins 80k in the next year and goes back to finish school at even 19-20 years old he is still in better shape than anyone I know at 25. Imagine winning 50 to 80k. He could pay for college, start a business, invest money, etc...

    Besides, it's better than having him sit in school and use our tax dollars to fail and get picked on. Sounds like one less d-bag we have to worry about bringing a gun to school anyways.

    Rock on emo kid!
    LOL! Like I stated in an earlier thread, I highly doubt a 16 year old kid would spend his money wisely on those sorts of things.

    Other than perhaps buying a car, he would more than likely blow that money quite quickly on "toys" or partying with his friends. Also, like the author stated, there is a lot of money spent by the contestants of these tournaments. Air fair/traveling costs, lodging, eating, etc & other hidden costs not taken into account.

    While there is the chance of winning, there's a greater chance of losing as well. Those kids go home empty handed. Also, if you win one, that doesn't mean you'll win all or a majority of them.

    You can also bet that if there was a thread started here about a kid that dropped out of school to join a gang, steal or sell drugs, there would be people harping on them as well.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #32
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Hundreds of kids drop out of school each week. No one seems to get all bent out of shape then. Usually they drop out to join gangs, sell smack, steal shit, etc... No one cares then, but when some kid (yes it probably isn't the best idea, but still) drops out to pursue something somewhat positive that could translate into honest cash, people are all over his nuts.

    Not a huge deal. If he wins 80k in the next year and goes back to finish school at even 19-20 years old he is still in better shape than anyone I know at 25. Imagine winning 50 to 80k. He could pay for college, start a business, invest money, etc...

    Besides, it's better than having him sit in school and use our tax dollars to fail and get picked on. Sounds like one less d-bag we have to worry about bringing a gun to school anyways.

    Rock on emo kid!

    LOL! Like I stated in an earlier thread, I highly doubt a 16 year old kid would spend his money wisely on those sorts of things.


    Other than perhaps buying a car, he would more than likely blow that money quite quickly on "toys" or partying with his friends. Also, like the author stated, there is a lot of money spent by the contestants of these tournaments. Air fair/traveling costs, lodging, eating, etc & other hidden costs not taken into account.

    While there is the chance of winning, there's a greater chance of losing as well. Those kids go home empty handed. Also, if you win one, that doesn't mean you'll win all or a majority of them.

    You can also bet that if there was a thread started here about a kid that dropped out of school to join a gang, steal or sell drugs, there would be people harping on them as well.

    Not one that thought the idea of dropping out of school to play guitar hero was brilliant. Soon he will no longer be under the monetary wing of Mommy and realize how stupid this decision was. Video games are not real life.

  3. #33
    Vikestand's Avatar
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    801

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    Hundreds of kids drop out of school each week. No one seems to get all bent out of shape then. Usually they drop out to join gangs, sell smack, steal pooh, etc... No one cares then, but when some kid (yes it probably isn't the best idea, but still) drops out to pursue something somewhat positive that could translate into honest cash, people are all over his nuts.

    Not a huge deal. If he wins 80k in the next year and goes back to finish school at even 19-20 years old he is still in better shape than anyone I know at 25. Imagine winning 50 to 80k. He could pay for college, start a business, invest money, etc...

    Besides, it's better than having him sit in school and use our tax dollars to fail and get picked on. Sounds like one less d-bag we have to worry about bringing a gun to school anyways.

    Rock on emo kid!

    LOL! Like I stated in an earlier thread, I highly doubt a 16 year old kid would spend his money wisely on those sorts of things.


    Other than perhaps buying a car, he would more than likely blow that money quite quickly on "toys" or partying with his friends. Also, like the author stated, there is a lot of money spent by the contestants of these tournaments. Air fair/traveling costs, lodging, eating, etc & other hidden costs not taken into account.

    While there is the chance of winning, there's a greater chance of losing as well. Those kids go home empty handed. Also, if you win one, that doesn't mean you'll win all or a majority of them.

    You can also bet that if there was a thread started here about a kid that dropped out of school to join a gang, steal or sell drugs, there would be people harping on them as well.

    Not one that thought the idea of dropping out of school to play guitar hero was brilliant. Soon he will no longer be under the monetary wing of Mommy and realize how stupid this decision was. Video games are not real life.
    Shutup


    You mean I am not actually playing football with NCAA 2009?


    Back to my original statement, this kids is a nerd/dumbass....I hope he learns a lesson, which would be you can't be a lazy ass and make it in this world. Unless you like doublewide's, ford pintos, buying your groceries with food stamps and living off the government.....


    By Pack93z

    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

  4. #34
    ChiTownVike's Avatar
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    I mean, I play in madden tournaments and some guitar hero tournaments around Chicago and I make money thats good for wasting on crap. I still have a job, still am going into my senior of high school, and will be going to college next year. To make a life off playing video games would be really hard to do, not mention stupid.

    The parents should man up and take away the kids xbox until his grades become higher. Not let him drop out because he wants to be a lazy slob



    Thank you Josdin for the sig

  5. #35
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,500

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I mean, I play in madden tournaments and some guitar hero tournaments around Chicago and I make money thats good for wasting on crap. I still have a job, still am going into my senior of high school, and will be going to college next year. To make a life off playing video games would be really hard to do, not mention stupid.

    The parents should man up and take away the kids xbox until his grades become higher. Not let him drop out because he wants to be a lazy slob
    Probably why the kid is a loser to begin with.. his parents are already displaying a losing mentality, "Oh, school is too hard for him..." When a kid has parents like that, it's hard to identify with any sort of success in life.

    I'd love to know what his parents do for a living.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #36
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "baumy300" wrote:
    Hundreds of kids drop out of school each week. No one seems to get all bent out of shape then. Usually they drop out to join gangs, sell smack, steal shit, etc... No one cares then, but when some kid (yes it probably isn't the best idea, but still) drops out to pursue something somewhat positive that could translate into honest cash, people are all over his nuts.

    Not a huge deal. If he wins 80k in the next year and goes back to finish school at even 19-20 years old he is still in better shape than anyone I know at 25. Imagine winning 50 to 80k. He could pay for college, start a business, invest money, etc...

    Besides, it's better than having him sit in school and use our tax dollars to fail and get picked on. Sounds like one less d-bag we have to worry about bringing a gun to school anyways.

    Rock on emo kid!
    Yeah, you're right.
    It's a great career move.
    Much better than learning how to play a real musical instrument or learning a transferrable skill.
    What was I thinking?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #37
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    This is kid my hero

  8. #38
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero

    "V4L" wrote:
    This is kid my hero
    You must have low standards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Driscoll Middle School Trick Play
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  2. Chris Kluwe is a Guitar Hero expert
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM
  3. "Girl" at school was 39-year-old man
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
  4. 5-year old handcuffed in school
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
  5. 4-year old Power Ranger is a hero
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •