BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

15 Highest-Paid American Athletes

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/custom/msn/careeradvice/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1204&SiteId=cbmsnhp4120 4&sc_extcmp=JS_1204_home&cbRecursionCnt=2&cbsid=24 76c28a99324e66a566b168d1c2ed08-249251626-X8-2&GT1=10563

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

Re: 15 Highest-Paid American Athletes

I should have played Golf.

My question is this: How does Tiger Woods have $100,000,000 in endorsements and Peyton Manning only has $11,000,000 (or something like that). Manning is in every commercial I see when I turn on the TV.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:

My question is this: How does Tiger Woods have $100,000,000 in endorsements and Peyton Manning only has $11,000,000 (or something like that). Manning is in every commercial I see when I turn on the TV.
    Woods' Nike contract is huge...I know that. He also has a long term deal with Buick and just signed that contract with Gillette not too long ago that was worth at least 10 million bucks. Woods has a lot of big time, long term contracts because of his marketability as the biggest player to hit his sport in 30 years.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

My first three thoughts:

1- A-Rod moves up to #4 or 5 now.
    2- Clemens - $22.5M not bad for a guy who won only 6 games this year.
    3- I would have thought Kobe's endorsements took a bigger hit...$16M?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

$305 million bargain?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-gennaroarod112707&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

Woods' Nike contract is huge...I know that. He also has a long term deal with Buick and just signed that contract with Gillette not too long ago that was worth at least 10 million bucks. Woods has a lot of big time, long term contracts because of his marketability as the biggest player to hit his sport in 30 years.

I think although Manning might be more popular, Tiger Woods really sells stuff, expensive stuff like golf clubs, cars, watches, and others. Manning is well known but I doubt many are going to get a Mastercard just because Manning endorses it. Plus Manning is going to have a harder time get the long term deals because no one knows how long he will play at a high level(most teams don't spend more than a few years at the top), Tiger on the other hand is pretty much guaranteed to be the best for the next decade or more.(and has been for more than a decade already).

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

What about the EA Tiger woods series, connecting his name to the game should be worth some bucks
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    What about the EA Tiger woods series, connecting his name to the game should be worth some bucks
    I bet he gets millions for that every single year.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:

Tiger Woods is known everywhere on the planet, the NFL is still only really popular in North America, I think that's why Woods gets the bigger amount. The fact he will probably go on to be the best golfer in history might have something to do with it as well.