Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    Did someone piss in your cereal this morning, or are you just generally a prick?
    When you post in a public forum, you are speaking to everyone.
    If you want to have a private chat with someone, that is what PMs are for.

    You can call out whoever you want, but just because other people disagree with you it doesn't make them " nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands."

    Looking at it from a biological perspective, the fact that Lobsters can drop one or both claws leads me to believe that doing so in the wild would not be the instant death sentence that you purport it to be.
    If it was, then the ability to do so would have been eradicated eons ago through evolution and natural selection.
    In a lobster tank, where there are close quarters and the inability to flee , yes, it would be a death sentence.
    In the ocean, which is just a bit bigger than a lobster tank, it would not necessarily be.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    Wow... you're a d*ck.

    Congrats on your lobster knowledge.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #23
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50140.msg895225#msg895225 date=1231626556]
    20-pounder dubbed 'George' released into wild after restaurant spares him



    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589278/?GT1=43001
    My wife works for a large seafood dist.
    I had worked there in the past for 5 yrs.
    A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

    Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

    BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.
    Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    BUT, as a Biology Major, well that's a different story.
    You are right when you say lobstahs are scavengers.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

    HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.
    They would be eaten in no time, even by their own family members.


    This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

    I spent 6 months working in one of the largest lobstah pools in Massachusetts.
    I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

    It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.
    Well that was an uncalled for response.

    I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

    Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.

    You are probably right, it wouldn't survive.
    But is it really getting worked up over?
    BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    [/quote]

    [img width=450 height=161]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2301/2476225163_c9235134d1.jpg?v=0[/img]

  4. #24
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50140.msg895225#msg895225 date=1231626556]
    20-pounder dubbed 'George' released into wild after restaurant spares him



    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589278/?GT1=43001
    My wife works for a large seafood dist.
    I had worked there in the past for 5 yrs.
    A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

    Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

    BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.
    Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    BUT, as a Biology Major, well that's a different story.
    You are right when you say lobstahs are scavengers.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

    HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.
    They would be eaten in no time, even by their own family members.


    This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

    I spent 6 months working in one of the largest lobstah pools in Massachusetts.
    I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

    It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.
    Well that was an uncalled for response.

    I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

    Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.

    You are probably right, it wouldn't survive.
    But is it really getting worked up over?
    BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    [/quote]
    [youtube=425,350]uuZALYJNC-A[/youtube]

  5. #25
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "CTVikingfan" wrote:
    I dont know what they eat with or rip or crush with but anything over3 lbs to me tastes horrible.
    Yep, the bigger the lobstah, the tougher the meat.


    I'm sure someone will want to debate that FACT, as well.
    Bring it on!


    Thats total bull Shit........And I'll take my experiences and knowledge from working on the seas, catching and cooking up 10 to 20 lb lobsters, over some book smarts person any day....
    It's a myth and wrong belief that large lobsters are tougher and don't taste good.
    It's all in the cooking and prep.
    Give me a pound of butter and a pot of boiling water and that 20 lb lobster would have been coming out of my Ass the next day......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #26
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "CTVikingfan" wrote:
    I dont know what they eat with or rip or crush with but anything over3 lbs to me tastes horrible.
    Yep, the bigger the lobstah, the tougher the meat.


    I'm sure someone will want to debate that FACT, as well.
    Bring it on!


    Thats total bull Shit........And I'll take my experiences and knowledge from working on the seas, catching and cooking up 10 to 20 lb lobsters, over some book smarts person any day....

    It's a myth and wrong belief that large lobsters are tougher and don't taste good.

    It's all in the cooking and prep.

    Give me a pound of butter and a pot of boiling water and that 20 lb lobster would have been coming out of my Ass the next day......
    Whole?

  7. #27
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    LOL, yea whole Mr.A......LMAO




    Truth is,
    10 to 20 lb lobsters are not all that uncommon, espeicaly if your working on a deep water dragger.....Largest Lobster I personaly ever took home,
    24 lbs 8 oz,
    and boy oh boy, was he delicious.... ;D


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    I never thought this would turn into a sh*t-talking thread...

    How long has Vikeman been waiting to bust out his lobster knowledge?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50140.msg895225#msg895225 date=1231626556]
    20-pounder dubbed 'George' released into wild after restaurant spares him



    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589278/?GT1=43001
    My wife works for a large seafood dist.
    I had worked there in the past for 5 yrs.
    A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

    Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

    BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.
    Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    BUT, as a Biology Major, well that's a different story.
    You are right when you say lobstahs are scavengers.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

    HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.
    They would be eaten in no time, even by their own family members.


    This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

    I spent 6 months working in one of the largest lobstah pools in Massachusetts.
    I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

    It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.
    Well that was an uncalled for response.

    I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

    Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.

    You are probably right, it wouldn't survive.
    But is it really getting worked up over?
    BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.
    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    [/quote]

    I really don't want to drag this out, but for Christs sake, they molt in the wild and live. They lose claws and they live.

    How is this done? Well, they find a spot to hide until the part they lose regenerates or until the new exoskeleton hardens after molting.

    Maybe i am wrong but I thought the lobster was released into the ocean, not into a lobster pool or a crate packed with other lobsters and no place to hide. If that was the case i apologize. If not I stand by what I said.

  10. #30
    Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    641

    Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikeman link=topic=50140.msg895368#msg895368 date=1231652751]
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50140.msg895225#msg895225 date=1231626556]
    20-pounder dubbed 'George' released into wild after restaurant spares him



    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589278/?GT1=43001
    My wife works for a large seafood dist.
    I had worked there in the past for 5 yrs.
    A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

    Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

    BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.
    Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    BUT, as a Biology Major, well that's a different story.
    You are right when you say lobstahs are scavengers.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

    HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.
    They would be eaten in no time, even by their own family members.


    This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

    I spent 6 months working in one of the largest lobstah pools in Massachusetts.
    I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

    It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.
    Well that was an uncalled for response.

    I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

    Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.

    You are probably right, it wouldn't survive.
    But is it really getting worked up over?
    BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    [/quote]


    No we are cool with bebates but when you start acting like a j~~~~~~s someone will speak up

    Good for you man you know alot about lobsters.. We are very proud of you.. No need to be a prick about it
    [/quote]

    Not intending to be a prick.
    It just seems there are thre or four posters on here who like to prick apart peoples posts...dissect every freakn' word.

    I see no need to do that to folks.
    Just from being a member here for a short time I can tell a lot of folks out there are on the pssssive side.
    I respect it, but I see no need to censor the word @ss.
    Is a name for an animal.
    Kids use much worse than that.

    Where I come from we are brash about getting points across and we let each other debate on our own...we MYOB!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Happy 4/20 , A Stoner Tale from the Onion
    By jargomcfargo in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
  2. Happy Hannakhu And a Happy New Year
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 08:28 AM
  3. A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 01:34 PM
  4. Happy New Year!
    By PacNWVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
  5. Happy New Year ...
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 10:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •