Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending

"Mr" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    That old bastard was ready to die anyway.
    Stupid PETA.
    Will PETA protect Shiancoe's trouser snake?
    Only if it reaches 140

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    That old bastard was ready to die anyway.
    Stupid PETA.
    Will PETA protect Shiancoe's trouser snake?
    Only if it reaches 140
    You talkin' 'bout years, or inches???
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    20-pounder dubbed 'George' released into wild after restaurant spares him

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28589278/?GT1=43001
    My wife works for a large seafood dist.
    I had worked there in the past for 5 yrs.
    A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

A while back a well-known restaurant in Boston decided to do the same thing, and even had it documented for brownie points.

Well, the stupid @sses forgot to take the floopin' bands off before releasing it into Boston hahbah.
    That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.

BTW, they only put the bands on their claws to keep them from eating each other in the tanks...seriously.
    As a Biology Major I can tell you that they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers. The big ones are used as much for defense as anything as they are really scavengers more than predators. Not that any of this matters in the big scheme of things but that lobster can certainly get by until it molts and regenerates a new set of claws as it sheds the old ones along with the rubber bands.
    Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    BUT, as a Biology Major, well that's a different story.
    You are right when you say lobstahs are scavengers.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.
    They DEPEND on these claws for survival.
    They would be eaten in no time, even by their own family members.

This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

I spent 6 months working in one of the largest lobstah pools in Massachusetts.
    I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Okay, from most of your posts and the fact that you are a Vikes fan I kind of like your jiggly butt.
    And yes, they would be able to feed their face with their little pinchers with whatever minute scraps they could conjure up off of the ocean floor.

HOWEVER, with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough for their sharp ripping claw or the larger crushing claw to re-generate.

This comes from lobstah experts who have been working in the New England Lobstah industry their entire lives.

I have many a time opened a lobstah crate to find one has had the bands slip off of even one claw, and have found at least one if not more lobstah "pieces parts" and even half-eaten ones.

It is beginning to become apparent that a few on this site are nit-picking dimply buttocks who have way too much time on their hands.

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont know what they eat with or rip or crush with but anything over3 lbs to me tastes horrible.

"CTVikingfan" wrote:
    I dont know what they eat with or rip or crush with but anything over3 lbs to me tastes horrible.
    Yep, the bigger the lobstah, the tougher the meat.

I'm sure someone will want to debate that FACT, as well.
    Bring it on!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

Well that was an uncalled for response.

I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...

You are probably right, it wouldn't survive.
    But is it really getting worked up over?
    BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

I personally don't give a crap about weather or not the lobster could survive in the wild with its claws banded.
    But for the record, you changed your assertion as to why it wouldn't make it after UffDa called you on it.

Vikeman: That poor freakn' lobstah wouldn't have lasted long without being able to feed his own face.
    UffDa: ...they don't eat with the large claws, they eat with the smaller 2nd row pinchers
    Vikeman: ...with both claws banded, they would NEVER survive nearly long enough...

BTW, I thought lobsters could shed their claws, and this was one of the issues fishermen had to contend with when banding them because ti reduced the market value.
    Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.
    That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    [quote author=BadlandsViking link=topic=50140.msg895225#msg895225 date=1231626556]

Can anyone verify?
    He also took the time to elaborate that as a biology major, he was certain the lobstah would survive until the claws regenerated.
    Not released into the wild, they can't.
    That was the crux of my point! They CAN shed their claws, but they don't grow back overnight.

That is why they introduce "Culls" (lobstahs with one or no claws) into market.
    I was just calling HIM on that!
    I guess people can't maintain their own debates.
    Or is the discriminatory practice of only certain people calling certain people out on things allowed???
    BTW, I don't give a crap what you think because I wasn't talking to you.
    [/quote]

No we are cool with bebates but when you start acting like a jackass someone will speak up

Good for you man you know alot about lobsters.. We are very proud of you.. No need to be a prick about it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast