Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325821,00.html
    About 100 woolly sheep formed a perfect ring while grazing in a field in England on Friday, baffling the farmer and other witnesses, the Daily Mail reports.

    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.

    He continued: "I did see a dog worrying sheep nearby beforehand and the dog ran off round the hedge in a different field, so I don't know if they were discussing that."

    As the farmer’s tractor approached, however, the sheep scattered, but another circle was formed three fields away. Both formations lasted about 10 minutes, the Daily Mail reports.
    I think Brett Favre was calling a meeting!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    Anybody here want to Admit they are experts with regard to the behavior of sheep??

    In any case....There is safety in numbers and I suspect this is some form of defense posturing (maybe trying to stay safe from the Farmer) errr..I mean predators.

    I worked on a Sheep ranch one summer (Awful). Meat sheep...Columbian breed. They always tried to butt you when you least expected it. Come to think of it some people try that to them so?? Maybe that's why they were in a circle??

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  3. #3
    howkings's Avatar
    howkings is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    107

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field


    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325821,00.html
    About 100 woolly sheep formed a perfect ring while grazing in a field in England on Friday, baffling the farmer and other witnesses, the Daily Mail reports.

    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.

    He continued: "I did see a dog worrying sheep nearby beforehand and the dog ran off round the hedge in a different field, so I don't know if they were discussing that."

    As the farmer’s tractor approached, however, the sheep scattered, but another circle was formed three fields away. Both formations lasted about 10 minutes, the Daily Mail reports.
    I think Brett Favre was calling a meeting
    I agree with COJO. It's called a Packers huddle.

  4. #4
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,779

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    GB Packer's cheerleaders practising, tomorrow they will work on a pyramid

  5. #5
    Jilly's Avatar
    Jilly is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field


  6. #6
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field


    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  7. #7
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field


    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.
    So where's the pictures?

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  8. #8
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    "SKOL" wrote:

    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.
    So where's the pictures?
    Explains why you folks are always speaking of the sheep.
    ;D

    [img width=450 height=338]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/sheepworship.jpg[/img]

  9. #9
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.
    So where's the pictures?
    Explains why you folks are always speaking of the sheep.
    ;D

    [img width=450 height=338]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/sheepworship.jpg[/img]
    The sheep are worshipping

  10. #10
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: 100 Sheep Baffle Farmer by Forming Circle in English Field

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

    "I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Russell Bird, who photographed the bizarre occurrence.
    So where's the pictures?
    Explains why you folks are always speaking of the sheep.
    ;D

    [img width=450 height=338]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/sheepworship.jpg[/img]
    The sheep are worshipping
    Praying for salvation from their tormentors in green and gold.

Similar Threads

  1. Ah, how we have all come full circle....
    By LosAngelis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  2. Spin The Black Circle
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
  4. Practical Joker/s In your Circle of Family/Friends
    By Frostbite in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
  5. Plans for leadership still forming
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •