Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: 100% Cheese Free.....

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    And I bet you a million dollars his number will be retired in Minnesota, and he will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame as a Minnesota Viking.
    I bet you a hundred million neither will happen
    Barring another trade or some sort of huge downturn for the rest of his career I think it will be close.
    If Randy wins a superbowl with the Patriots I think he definitely retires a Patriot, but if not I still think there is a chance he retires a Viking.
    You have to remember he spent 2 years in Oakland and it's only his second year in N.E. and he's starting to reach an age where he might not be the freak anymore.
    Then again maybe he'll be one of those age defying players.
    But 7 mostly great seasons with the Vikings will be hard to balance out against unless he plays high end football for 4 or 5 more years in N.E..
    Just my opinion.

keystonevike is offline Starter

Re: 100% Cheese Free (Syd Davy)....

Always loved having Moss in Purple. Best reciever in the game today IMO.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

He can win a superbowl or two with the Pats, and will still always be considered a Minnesota Viking. Nothing he does will ever change that. We drafted him, he made his name here. He put up the majority of his record numbers here. He was part of one of the greatest receiving cores of all time here. The fact that he signed with a good team for a shot at a title at the end of his career is completely irrelevant. He was Rookie of the Year, Youngest Player to 120 TDs, 6-time pro-bowler (5 of 6 with Minnesota). All with the Vikes. Not to mention we are the ones who took a risk on him in the draft when everyone else passed on him. Take all of that into consideration and then tell me he isn't a lifetime Viking because of one record season ending in complete disappointment? He could play 10 more seasons in New England, but nothing he does there will overshadow his career with the Vikings. Randy Moss is a Viking for life. He proved that tonight by buying Syd Davy that ticket, and jumping into his arms. He was sending a message to all the Vikings fans out there, saying that he hasn't forgotten us, or all the great things that happened in Minnesota when he was here.
    Retired 12/21/08

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    He can win a superbowl or two with the Pats, and will still always be considered a Minnesota Viking. Nothing he does will ever change that. We drafted him, he made his name here. He put up the majority of his record numbers here. He was part of one of the greatest receiving cores of all time here. The fact that he signed with a good team for a shot at a title at the end of his career is completely irrelevant. He was Rookie of the Year, Youngest Player to 120 TDs, 6-time pro-bowler (5 of 6 with Minnesota). All with the Vikes. Not to mention we are the ones who took a risk on him in the draft when everyone else passed on him. Take all of that into consideration and then tell me he isn't a lifetime Viking because of one record season ending in complete disappointment? He could play 10 more seasons in New England, but nothing he does there will overshadow his career with the Vikings. Randy Moss is a Viking for life. He proved that tonight by buying Syd Davy that ticket, and jumping into his arms. He was sending a message to all the Vikings fans out there, saying that he hasn't forgotten us, or all the great things that happened in Minnesota when he was here.
    I hope that's true.... rather than he just likes Syd Davy!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Is he a Patriot fan now or just a Moss crotch sniffer?
    he's always been a fan of Moss and has followed his career but always a Vikes fan I'm sure
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I didn't knew what you guys were talking about, but i just watched it on nfl.com
    I think it's great from Randy.. he still is a viking, always will be.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I think thats true...if not...why the Viking garb?

and I'm not a sniffer.

PurpleMafia is offline Coordinator

"jdvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:

and I'm not a sniffer.
    Do you think Moss would have bought him the ticket just to jump into his arms in street clothes? Hell no. He knew he would be repping the Vikings, and probably told him to wear his usual gear. This just goes to prove that in Randys eyes, he is still a Viking.
    Retired 12/21/08

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:

and I'm not a sniffer.
    Do you think Moss would have bought him the ticket just to jump into his arms in street clothes? Hell no. He knew he would be repping the Vikings, and probably told him to wear his usual gear. This just goes to prove that in Randys eyes, he is still a Viking.
    I think you're both right - hard to imagine he's go out there on a Monday for a game if it wasn't paid for..
    Granted he does come down from Canada every home game so he has to be fairly well off....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Randy still loves us and probably wishes he was still here. I wish he was still here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast