Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The 10 most economical sandwiches

Hotdogs here just flat out suck.. dont think ive EVER had a good dog..

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    They are also famous for their hot dogs but there are a hell of a lot better (and more expensive) options out there.

Anybody else notice that their hot dogs taste an awful lot like their bologna? coincidence? I think not. Probably shoveled off the same heap of crap laying in the middle of the floor. Both make me want to yack.
    I've been wanting a good hotdog for a while... sadly, there are no chicago hot dogs here... even the all beef ones don't come close to the ones you can get there.
    There is a Chicago style eatery in South Minneapolis. (Rob and Tom's I think it's called) I'm sure you can get an authentic style Chicago hotdog there. I believe it is located off of S 42nd St, somewhere in between 28th Ave and 34th Ave.

Only downside is they are open about their affection for the Chicago Bears.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    They are also famous for their hot dogs but there are a hell of a lot better (and more expensive) options out there.

Anybody else notice that their hot dogs taste an awful lot like their bologna? coincidence? I think not. Probably shoveled off the same heap of crap laying in the middle of the floor. Both make me want to yack.
    I've been wanting a good hotdog for a while... sadly, there are no chicago hot dogs here... even the all beef ones don't come close to the ones you can get there.
    There is a Chicago style eatery in South Minneapolis. (Rob and Tom's I think it's called) I'm sure you can get an authentic style Chicago hotdog there. I believe it is located off of S 42nd St, somewhere in between 28th Ave and 34th Ave.

lol... had to say it again huh?

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Yeah, like 15 minutes later, lol.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Yeah, like 15 minutes later, lol.
    hahaha... yeah reposts generally happen pretty simultaneously.

Erinnn is offline Starter

My parents always make me bring up sport peppers, Vienna Beef dogs(Sam's used to sell them, but I guess they stopped), and Rosen's poppyssed buns so they can make their own. I'll have to let them know about the place in S. Minneapolis. They're Bears fans so they won't mind.

Erinnn wrote:
    My parents always make me bring up sport peppers, Vienna Beef dogs(Sam's used to sell them, but I guess they stopped), and Rosen's poppyssed buns so they can make their own. I'll have to let them know about the place in S. Minneapolis. They're Bears fans so they won't mind.
    shhhhh.... you're going to make me cry... I want to go to Portillo's now for a Vienna Beef and their fries!!

Erinnn wrote:
    And for the record...it's Chris and Tom's...not whatever I said earlier...

And they also have three locations in the Mpls/St. Paul metro area now.

Chris and Tom's

Erinnn is offline Starter

Triedandtruevikes wrote:
    shhhhh.... you're going to make me cry... I want to go to Portillo's now for a Vienna Beef and their fries!!
    With a chocolate shake.

We had Portillo's for dinner Monday night, but if it makes you feel any better I'm a vegetarian so no hot dog. Although sometimes I order it to go w/out the dog and throw my own veggie dog on there, still delicious.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Chris and Tom's
    The menu link doesn't work. I'm curious about whether or not they have the proper fries?

Now I'm hungry and all I brought for lunch was a weak salad.

Erinnn wrote:
    Triedandtruevikes wrote:
    With a chocolate shake.

We had Portillo's for dinner Monday night, but if it makes you feel any better I'm a vegetarian so no hot dog. Although sometimes I order it to go w/out the dog and throw my own veggie dog on there, still delicious.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Chris and Tom's
    The menu link doesn't work. I'm curious about whether or not they have the proper fries?

Now I'm hungry and all I brought for lunch was a weak salad.
    I'm not sure, but the story goes that the restaurant was started by two brothers from Chicago who moved up here and weren't impressed with the food...something along those lines anyways.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast