Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The 10 most economical sandwiches

Yes, Ironically posted in the Clubhouse forum

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SmartSpending/blog/page.aspx?post=1790077

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The 10 most economical sandwiches

Damn bacon and its deliciousness.

The cost of eggs in USA are so cheap. 12 eggs here is like $4
    We're bringing purple back.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

So last year I took a vow to never rest until I knew which of the 10 most common brown-bag sandwiches offered the best value of them all.

Now this is a guy who knows how to par-tay!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Lost all credibility here:

Speaking of bologna, as I reminded my readers last year, the conventional wisdom out there is that bologna is a very expensive lunch meat.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

jmcdon00 wrote:

Speaking of bologna, as I reminded my readers last year, the conventional wisdom out there is that bologna is a very expensive lunch meat.
    Perhaps, but I doubt he was referring to Oscar Meyer brand.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Perhaps, but I doubt he was referring to Oscar Meyer brand.
    What else is there?
    Any meat that is not clearly identifiable as an animal can't be that expensive.

They are also famous for their hot dogs but there are a hell of a lot better (and more expensive) options out there.

Anybody else notice that their hot dogs taste an awful lot like their bologna? coincidence? I think not. Probably shoveled off the same heap of crap laying in the middle of the floor. Both make me want to yack.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    They are also famous for their hot dogs but there are a hell of a lot better (and more expensive) options out there.

Anybody else notice that their hot dogs taste an awful lot like their bologna? coincidence? I think not. Probably shoveled off the same heap of crap laying in the middle of the floor. Both make me want to yack.
    I've been wanting a good hotdog for a while... sadly, there are no chicago hot dogs here... even the all beef ones don't come close to the ones you can get there.

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

I've been wanting a good hotdog for a while... sadly, there are no chicago hot dogs here... even the all beef ones don't come close to the ones you can get there.
    There is a Chicago style eatery in South Minneapolis. (Rob and Tom's I think it's called) I'm sure you can get an authentic style Chicago hotdog there. I believe it is located off of S 42nd St, somewhere in between 28th Ave and 34th Ave.

Only downside is they are open about their affection for the Chicago Bears.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Hmmm.... may have to check that out at some stage, but perhaps after the football season, I don't want to ruin my time before the season in the company of bears fans, even if it just for long enough to get a hotdog. This is a bears fan free season for me :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast