Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PacMan21 is offline Starter

What's wrong with Chris Leak?

Besides his size, is there anything that Chris Leak doesn't have?

He played in the SEC for 4 years and compiled 88 TD's and 1 national championship. Now I'm not saying he's better than Brady Quinn or even JaMarcus Russell, but does anybody else think Chris Leak has what it takes to play in the NFL.

I'm kind of curious, because on ESPN Radio on Monday night, they said they'd be surprised to see Chris Leak drafted at all.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: What's wrong with Chris Leak?

I have to admit, the BCS championship was the first time I've watched him play, but he looked pretty darn good.
    One would think that he would be at least worth a seventh rounder!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I heard them discussing this.
    If I remember correctly the whole conversation was that he would still land with a team but his size coupled with the whole "2 QB" scheme ran by FL really pointed out his weaknesses.
    Throw in the fact that he isn't as mobile as you would think and you have the makings of another backup for life QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Del Rio Guest

He is a good QB imo, who will easily find a home in the NFL. He suffered from having many different offensive Cordinators and a spread offense.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It may just be me, but it looked like he had a different kind of release with his throws.. It looked like he was throwing more from the side of his head, versus in front of his body.. Maybe I just wasn't watching him closely, but that is what it looked like to me..

PacMan21 is offline Starter

They did say that he needs an impressive combine to get drafted. They also said that if he doesn't impress anyone, he'll be sitting at home and will have to try out for a team or go to either CFL or Arena. I thought that it was absurd to say that he wouldn't be drafted at all. He had 88 TD's and 11,000 yards in 4 years at Florida, playing against some of the best teams in the nation. He deserves a shot somewhere.

I'm not saying he'd be a great NFL player, but those jokers on ESPN Radio made me laugh with this one. I can't remember their names, but if I remember I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

eI think it is pretty obvious that his size has a lot to do with his low draft status. That's his biggest stumbling block. That coupled with the fact that he operated in the spread offense and out of the shotgun hurts him. He also threw 42 INTs in four years as a starter, which is a lot for a quarterback that only plays 12 or 13 games every year.

He'll find a place in the NFL though. He'll end up a backup somewher I'd think.

Del Rio Guest

"PacMan21" wrote:
    They did say that he needs an impressive combine to get drafted. They also said that if he doesn't impress anyone, he'll be sitting at home and will have to try out for a team or go to either CFL or Arena. I thought that it was absurd to say that he wouldn't be drafted at all. He had 88 TD's and 11,000 yards in 4 years at Florida, playing against some of the best teams in the nation. He deserves a shot somewhere.

I'm not saying he'd be a great NFL player, but those jokers on ESPN Radio made me laugh with this one. I can't remember their names, but if I remember I'll let you guys know.
    I agree, I can't see him not finding a roster spot somewhere in the NFL.

aceclown is offline Coach

Just because you are a BCS championship QB and had a good college career doesnt mean you will be an NFL caliber QB.
    Ken Dorsey, Chris Weinke... the list goes on.
    Im not saying that Leak will necessarily be one of those guys, just that being a winning college QB doesnt automatically grant you a job in the NFL.

Chuch.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "PacMan21" wrote:

I agree, I can't see him not finding a roster spot somewhere in the NFL.
    True...the guy whose records he broke at Florida was Danny Wuerffel...and we all know how HIS NFL career turned out.
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast