??? ??? ???

You bumped your head.

Re: UCLA upsets USC!

"so-cal" wrote:
    "Most popular team in L.A.?"

"Surpassing the Lakers?"

??? ??? ???

You bumped your head.
    I have friends that work for Nike and others who are purchasers for Champs, Chicks, and Pro Image, and they ALL said that USC Football is the MOST POPULAR apparell in L.A.,
    and also read in the L.A.Times a short time back that the MOST popular teams in L.A. are....

1.USC Trojans Football
    2.Lakers
    3.Raiders..
    Sad but TRUE !!!!!!
    4.Dodgers
    5.Chivas ...The Mexican League team

If you live in L.A. it's not hard to believe.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:

"Surpassing the Lakers?"

??? ??? ???

You bumped your head.
    I have friends that work for Nike and others who are purchasers for Champs, Chicks, and Pro Image, and they ALL said that USC Football is the MOST POPULAR apparell in L.A.,
    and also read in the L.A.Times a short time back that the MOST popular teams in L.A. are....

1.USC Trojans Football
    2.Lakers
    3.Raiders..
    Sad but TRUE !!!!!!
    4.Dodgers

Well, what are we talking about?
    I can believe that the Trojans sell the most apparell here, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are the most popular team.
    I don't have all the facts so I can't really argue the point yet.
    Personally, I still say you bumped your head.

As for the Traiders, I couldn't agree more.
    It is sad but true.
    They'll always be big in L.A.
    If the Raiders didn't exist anymore, they'd still be huge in sales and popularity.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:

"Surpassing the Lakers?"

??? ??? ???

You bumped your head.

1.USC Trojans Football
    2.Lakers
    3.Raiders..
    Sad but TRUE !!!!!!
    4.Dodgers

I find it hilarious that the apparel of a PRIVATE school...one that MOST Angelenos could never afford to attend...is the most popular style in LA.
    Pick a public school...at least you or your kids have a chance to go there...and at least the public schools represent the public at large, not a bunch of rich kids and their parents!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

Well here I go......
    I to am from LA and what VikeSoto is stating is true regarding most popular "apperal"
    The problem is that like in all areas there are bandwagon fans that jump on and buy the happening jersey of the team that is winning. It does not matter if someone can "AFFORD" to send someone to a private school. Is about who is winning!!!
    I am also a Trojan fan of MANY years and have witnessed the days when FUCLA had its winning streak of 9 years and jerseys sold like hotcakes....it doesent necessarily make them the most poular team....but the merchandise sold!! Hell you could not keep a Kobe Bryant Jersey on the shelf around here during the 3-peat!!
    It all goes in cycles....and for 1 DAY....FUCLA was the popular team in LA....
    Next year......Back to reality!!!
    Oh and by the way.....Just how many collage football championships does FUCLA own????
    THATS RIGHT....YOU GUESSED IT........ZERO!!!!!!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikingPatrick" wrote:
    Well here I go......
    I to am from LA and what VikeSoto is stating is true regarding most popular "apperal"
    The problem is that like in all areas there are bandwagon fans that jump on and buy the happening jersey of the team that is winning. It does not matter if someone can "AFFORD" to send someone to a private school. Is about who is winning!!!
    I am also a Trojan fan of MANY years and have witnessed the days when FUCLA had its winning streak of 9 years and jerseys sold like hotcakes....it doesent necessarily make them the most poular team....but the merchandise sold!! Hell you could not keep a Kobe Bryant Jersey on the shelf around here during the 3-peat!!
    Oh and by the way.....Just how many collage football championships does FUCLA own????
    Are the Clippers in that cycle?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingPatrick" wrote:
    Well here I go......
    Just keep pouring more of your money into the pockets of the privileged...I won't if I can help it...because it DOES matter to me! (I'm not necessarily a UCLA fan either, so the comparison doesn't matter to me)

BUT pretty soon it will be just NCAA basketball time, in which time the tables will turn...
    and it is USC that has ZERO titles while UCLA has ELEVEN!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VikingPatrick" wrote:
    Well here I go......
    Just keep pouring more of your money into the pockets of the privileged...I won't if I can help it...because it DOES matter to me! (I'm not necessarily a UCLA fan either, so the comparison doesn't matter to me)

BUT pretty soon it will be just NCAA basketball time, in which time the tables will turn...
    and it is USC that has ZERO titles while UCLA has ELEVEN!!!
    I wish I had that option.
    Ohio State in the Fall/Winter, ? in the Winter/Spring

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

[quote author=VikingPatrick]
    [/quote]

Ouch!

It's amazing how a loss to such a "little" team like UCLA can drive the proud crazy. It's not like UCLA cost USC a title chance...oh wait.
    ;D

As for next year, well, let's just wait and see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12