Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Re: U of Minnesota Basketball

"EnglishViking" wrote:
    Tubby can't recruit, you will see, we have a got absolutely nothing on the court at the moment, a load of projects and misteps, Carter, Porter, Stevenson, Coury and two of our best 5 are out, we are going to have a crap season this year, though I think Gillispie has us playing by the end of the year and we sneak into the NCAA's probably for another second round loss but I would take that right now!

Give it two or three years and we will back in the final four mix, we just need Gillispie recruits and for the kids to have grown up in his system and we will be there, as for now, yeah we are no powerhouse *sniff*
    How many times did Tubby miss the tourny?

Do you think when Tubby makes a phone call to recruit and says this is Tubby Smith, the kid will listen?
    I think so....

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "EnglishViking" wrote:
    Tubby can't recruit, you will see, we have a got absolutely nothing on the court at the moment, a load of projects and misteps, Carter, Porter, Stevenson, Coury and two of our best 5 are out, we are going to have a crap season this year, though I think Gillispie has us playing by the end of the year and we sneak into the NCAA's probably for another second round loss but I would take that right now!

Give it two or three years and we will back in the final four mix, we just need Gillispie recruits and for the kids to have grown up in his system and we will be there, as for now, yeah we are no powerhouse *sniff*
    How many times did Tubby miss the tourny?

Do you think when Tubby makes a phone call to recruit and says this is Tubby Smith, the kid will listen?
    I think so....
    Obviously enough didn't listen when he was at UK.
    Our roster is pathetic... I never imagined players this bad playing for UK... Porter is terrible and he's starting, Coury is a walk on that's starting.
    That team is sad to watch... air balling lay ups and jump shots like 5 year olds.
    Every player on that floor looks lost except for Patrick Patterson, which is a player Gillispie brought in.
    We have no PG and no center,
    yea, great recruiting.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yup, the knock on Tubby at Kentucky was that he couldn't recruit. Well Tubby's first recruiting class at Minnesota is the 7th best in the nation. Far ahead of Kentucky. You Kentucky fans are deliusional if yo think that team can recruit nothing but McDonald All Americans each year. Kentucky is not the powerhouse it once was so get over it!
    I think Kentucky fans are kicking themselves.

You don't know what you got, til its gone.....
    Actually, seeing this team that he assembled the last few years he was here, we're still celebrating that the jackass left.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

"EnglishViking" wrote:

Don't worry, it's like you said, in a couple years Gillispie will have us back on top.
    We got rid of Captain Fuck up and for what he did to us, we get to hear a bunch of shit from some fucking idiots.
    Let 'em run their mouths all they want but when we're in the hunt for our 8th National Championship they'll shut the fuck up.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "EnglishViking" wrote:

Don't worry, it's like you said, in a couple years Gillispie will have us back on top.
    We got rid of Captain floop up and for what he did to us, we get to hear a bunch of pooh from some fricken idiots.
    Let 'em run their mouths all they want but when we're in the hunt for our 8th National Championship they'll shut the floop up.
    We will wait and see.
    I really think UK took a step back instead of a step forward.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]Gophers' Smith signs $13 million deal[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/12359321.html
    Tubby Smith became the highest-paid employee in University of Minnesota history when he signed his memorandum of understanding last March. The university sweetened the pot by several hundred thousand dollars over the seven-year deal before Smith officially signed his contract, which was made public Tuesday.

Smith can earn more than $13 million in base, supplemental and camp money over the seven-year contract, and can earn additional money in incentives that could boost his annual salary to more than $3.3 million this year. He also receives a car, tickets to Gophers athletic contests and travel expenses to games for his family, plus retirement money...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

now lets hope we can win

He's doing better than I thought he would with the players he had to work with.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yeah but so far we've faced tough teams like NDSU and up next SDSU.
    I'm waiting to gage our progress until we start playing our big ten schedule.

"Schutz" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Yeah but so far we've faced tough teams like NDSU and up next SDSU.
    I'm waiting to gage our progress until we start playing our big ten schedule.
    I agree they've pretty much had a "cupcake" schedule so far. The Big Ten season starts out with Michigan State -- one of the to-rated teams in the nation. I am expecting the Gophers to end up somewhere in the middle of the Big 10 this year. No NCAA bid but an NIT berth.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast