COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

U football player charged with assault

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/12951821.html

A University of Minnesota football player has been charged with two counts of fifth-degree assault after an altercation early Sunday outside a bar in McLeod County.

William VanDeSteeg was arrested about 1:10 a.m. outside the Biscay Liquor Store, accused of assaulting two men who were left with "visible physical injuries," according to documents filed by the McLeod County Sheriff's Office. One of the men told authorities VanDeSteeg grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

VanDeSteeg, 22, was released from jail after a court appearance Monday...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: U football player charged with assault

"COJOMAY" wrote:

A University of Minnesota football player has been charged with two counts of fifth-degree assault after an altercation early Sunday outside a bar in McLeod County.

William VanDeSteeg was arrested about 1:10 a.m. outside the Biscay Liquor Store, accused of assaulting two men who were left with "visible physical injuries," according to documents filed by the McLeod County Sheriff's Office. One of the men told authorities VanDeSteeg grabbed him by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

5th degre assult is pretty Minor So not a big deal. Probably just a fight and one guy got his ass kicked.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

*yawn

People do not give a crap about teams with 1 win.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

6'4 255 pound defensive end.... why do people try to fight these guys?

I never get into shit with people, and I don't really understand how this guy did.

When you're our size, you rarely have to fight.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"Garland" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

5th degre assult is pretty Minor So not a big deal. Probably just a fight and one guy got his jiggly butt kicked.
    Swerious enough that if convicted the person won't ever work in social services or any kind of job with Children or vulnerable adults.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

"Mr" wrote:
    6'4 255 pound defensive end.... why do people try to fight these guys?

I never get into pooh with people, and I don't really understand how this guy did.

When you're our size, you rarely have to fight.
    The guy knew who he was so he wanted to get his name on tv. And you know what alcohol can do to people. make him about 300 pounds heavier. and about 3 ft taller. What a dick too. I am sorry but it still sticks with a team especially after a 1 in season. The other thing too was when the couldnt release any more the shirts that said Brews Crew. That was bad before the season started because of politics. But it still will stick out even with a one win season because of Minnesota.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!