Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Take The Grand Tour -- Where Vikings Might Play

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I think that 80,000 is how much it could hold if they expand it like Paul said.

I love the look of that stadium and wish the Vikings would have went in on it and made it look just like that but bigger.
    I agree.
    I am pretty sure that the Vikings WANTED to go in on it, but the state axed it.
    Bastardo's.
    Meh, while the state axed it, if memory serves correctly, Red was the owner at the time and he was on one of his "Build me a stadium or I'll move" kicks.
    So the state isn't all to blame.

Of course had they worked something out, it would have saved the taxpayers of Minnesota nearly $1 billion...

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/dr evil.jpg[/img]

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I love the look of that stadium and wish the Vikings would have went in on it and made it look just like that but bigger.
    I agree.
    Bastardo's.
    Meh, while the state axed it, if memory serves correctly, Red was the owner at the time and he was on one of his "Build me a stadium or I'll move" kicks.

Of course had they worked something out, it would have saved the taxpayers of Minnesota nearly $1 billion...
    And we wonder as a country or even at the state level why we can't run this country without a deficient. Doesn't make any sense to not incorporate both into the same project and not only save money in the building of the facility, but the maintaining it as well. Even just at the infrastructure as parking and street maintenance to the handle the traffic and demands for space. Silly!

BTW... the Gophers stadium looks awesome... maybe it will help in getting the program back into contention on a yearly basis.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I agree.
    Bastardo's.

And we wonder as a country or even at the state level why we can't run this country without a deficient. Doesn't make any sense to not incorporate both into the same project and not only save money in the building of the facility, but the maintaining it as well. Even just at the infrastructure as parking and street maintenance to the handle the traffic and demands for space. Silly!

BTW... the Gophers stadium looks awesome... maybe it will help in getting the program back into contention on a yearly basis.
    Exactly, that is why I think a new stadium should be owned and operated by private investors, they would make sure it is done in a way that maximizes efficiency. The state could still help out with funding, if the state knows how to do anything it is spend money, but owning and operating should be done privately.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=42130.msg722868#msg722868 date=1203093149]

I agree.
    Bastardo's.

Exactly, that is why I think a new stadium should be owned and operated by private investors, they would make sure it is done in a way that maximizes efficiency. The state could still help out with funding, if the state knows how to do anything it is spend money, but owning and operating should be done privately.
    [/quote]

Great plan, but how likely is it that the state hands over money for something they can't control.
    ;D

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Something most are forgetting is that the State Of Minnesota owns the University of Minnesota and the stadium.
    The Vikings may be able to rent the facility to play there but they could NEVER have had any ownership.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That's a bad ass stadium

We need one just like that

mjuaire is offline Rookie

I don't believe the Red regime was involved in that.
    It is my understanding that all three (Vikings, Twins, U of M) were going through this process at the same Time and Zygi had just bought the team and was looking into the stadium options.
    I'm not sure what the politics had to do with it but I KNOW they didn't want the vikings to leave the downtown.
    And, as mentioned, the Vikings having ownership of the U of M stadium would have been tough because of state funding.

Regardless, the U went back to campus and got funding, the twins moved over by the Target Center and got funding, and the Vikings wanted to move north, and the DID NOT get funding...seems an easy solution.
    Put that darn thing downtown, and get it done!!
    But Zygi is a real estate guy and he wanted to make his Vikingsland with all the space, so he got in trouble.
    Now there is nothing planned and who knows how long they'll be in that dump of a stadium and even more of a lame neighboorhood to hang out in.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

I really wish it was the Vikings that where getting the stadium :'(

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

As I have said and will say again...Zygi build it your god darn self and nvm the state...just like gillette stadium was bult BY its owner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12