Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Take The Grand Tour -- Where Vikings Might Play

Here's a virtual tour of the new TCF stadium at the University of Minnesota campus. Take a look at it because you may see the Vikings playing here for a year or two or three.
    http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=1382763
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Take The Grand Tour -- Where Vikings Might Play

as much as i want the vikings to get a new stadium, i wouldn't mind them playing there.
    I like how the Main concourse is open with a view of the field.
    The only downfall is it only seast 50000, but it is expandable to almost 80000

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    as much as i want the vikings to get a new stadium, i wouldn't mind them playing there.
    I like how the Main concourse is open with a view of the field.
    The only downfall is it only seast 50000, but it is expandable to almost 80000
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe it is expandable to 80k.
    The architecture was put in place for the possibility of future expansion of the stadium for up to 80k seats, but it isn't something that they have the option to do for specific events.
    I believe that the way this could be accomplished is to close out the horseshoe.

Still a very nice stadium though.
    I wonder what they will do with season ticket holders while the Vikings play there (while the new Vikings stadium is built)... it is definately possible that we will have more than 50k season tickets sold...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

o had assumed it was kinda like what they do for football games in the dome, where they have rollout seats to fill up the outfield from whenthe twins play.
    I just assumed they could fill in that open space.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think that 80,000 is how much it could hold if they expand it like Paul said.

I love the look of that stadium and wish the Vikings would have went in on it and made it look just like that but bigger.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very impressive.

Love alot of the nice touches they have added (i.e. Shakopee venue, Military Venue Band support etc).

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

I love the look of that stadium and wish the Vikings would have went in on it and made it look just like that but bigger.
    I agree.
    I am pretty sure that the Vikings WANTED to go in on it, but the state axed it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I agree.
    Bastardo's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I agree.
    Got a link?
    I don't remember hearing any serious plans for that. I think the Gophers are still open to the idea of renting it out on Sundays, wait no that stadium isn't good enough for the NFL, they need hundreds of luxury boxes in every stadium. Bastardos.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

I agree.
    Bastardo's.
    Meh, while the state axed it, if memory serves correctly, Red was the owner at the time and he was on one of his "Build me a stadium or I'll move" kicks.
    So the state isn't all to blame.

Of course had they worked something out, it would have saved the taxpayers of Minnesota nearly $1 billion...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast